Leonardo DiCaprio Astounded by 'Avatar'
Leonardo DiCaprio has no hard feelings about James Cameron's latest movie "Avatar" sinking "Titanic" 's box office record - because he thinks the sci-fi epic is "astounding". The actor appeared in Cameron's 1997 disaster movie, which set a new high in worldwide takings with $1.8 billion.
"Avatar" has now smashed "Titanic" 's massive record - it's pulled in more than $2.4 billion since its release in December 2009. But DiCaprio is a big fan of the 3-D film, and is full of praise for Cameron's hard work on the epic.
He tells British morning show GMTV, "It's an unbelievable film experience, it really is. What Cameron pulled off on that movie - it's astounding, it blows your mind. I went in to there not knowing much about the world he was going to create - all I heard was $400 million, four years in the making, 'Alright Jim, let's see what you're going to do'."
And the 35-year-old is hopeful there will be a sequel to "Avatar", "It's the first time I've been submerged into a digital 3-D world like that, I felt connected to the characters. I hope they keep going and going."
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked