Leonardo DiCaprio Astounded by 'Avatar'
Leonardo DiCaprio has no hard feelings about James Cameron's latest movie "Avatar" sinking "Titanic" 's box office record - because he thinks the sci-fi epic is "astounding". The actor appeared in Cameron's 1997 disaster movie, which set a new high in worldwide takings with $1.8 billion.
"Avatar" has now smashed "Titanic" 's massive record - it's pulled in more than $2.4 billion since its release in December 2009. But DiCaprio is a big fan of the 3-D film, and is full of praise for Cameron's hard work on the epic.
He tells British morning show GMTV, "It's an unbelievable film experience, it really is. What Cameron pulled off on that movie - it's astounding, it blows your mind. I went in to there not knowing much about the world he was going to create - all I heard was $400 million, four years in the making, 'Alright Jim, let's see what you're going to do'."
And the 35-year-old is hopeful there will be a sequel to "Avatar", "It's the first time I've been submerged into a digital 3-D world like that, I felt connected to the characters. I hope they keep going and going."
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed