Leonardo DiCaprio Astounded by 'Avatar'
Leonardo DiCaprio has no hard feelings about James Cameron's latest movie "Avatar" sinking "Titanic" 's box office record - because he thinks the sci-fi epic is "astounding". The actor appeared in Cameron's 1997 disaster movie, which set a new high in worldwide takings with $1.8 billion.
"Avatar" has now smashed "Titanic" 's massive record - it's pulled in more than $2.4 billion since its release in December 2009. But DiCaprio is a big fan of the 3-D film, and is full of praise for Cameron's hard work on the epic.
He tells British morning show GMTV, "It's an unbelievable film experience, it really is. What Cameron pulled off on that movie - it's astounding, it blows your mind. I went in to there not knowing much about the world he was going to create - all I heard was $400 million, four years in the making, 'Alright Jim, let's see what you're going to do'."
And the 35-year-old is hopeful there will be a sequel to "Avatar", "It's the first time I've been submerged into a digital 3-D world like that, I felt connected to the characters. I hope they keep going and going."
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist