Charlie Sheen Turns to Rehabilitation Center
Actor Charlie Sheen has entered a rehabilitation facility, his representative has announced. The troubled star, who has a history of drug abuse, is taking time out of filming his hit TV show "Two and a Half Men" to turn to medical professionals as a "preventative measure", although further details about his treatment have not been revealed.
In a statement released on Tuesday, February 23, Sheen's spokesperson says, "As a preventative measure, Charlie Sheen has entered a rehabilitation facility. He will take some time off his series 'Two and a Half Men'. He has asked that his privacy be honored. No further statements are planned."
Sheen's admission comes just two days after his wife Brooke Mueller checked into a Los Angeles recuperation center after a weekend, on February 21, security breach prompted her to leave the Malibu, California rehab she checked into in early February.
The couple, which shares 11-month-old twin sons Bob and Max, has been working on rebuilding its marriage following a 2009 Christmas Day bust-up in Aspen, Colorado which led to Sheen's arrest. He was subsequently charged with felony menacing, third degree assault and misdemeanor criminal mischief after allegedly threatening Mueller with a knife during the fight.
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons
- Kris Planning 'Revenge Memoir' About Caitlyn Jenner
- Jenelle Evans 'Devastated' After Losing Custody Battle to Mom Over Son Jace
- Batman Teams Up With a Supervillain in 'Batman and Harley Quinn' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Suffers Another Wardrobe Malfunction in High-Slit Dress at amfAR Gala