Charlie Sheen Turns to Rehabilitation Center
Actor Charlie Sheen has entered a rehabilitation facility, his representative has announced. The troubled star, who has a history of drug abuse, is taking time out of filming his hit TV show "Two and a Half Men" to turn to medical professionals as a "preventative measure", although further details about his treatment have not been revealed.
In a statement released on Tuesday, February 23, Sheen's spokesperson says, "As a preventative measure, Charlie Sheen has entered a rehabilitation facility. He will take some time off his series 'Two and a Half Men'. He has asked that his privacy be honored. No further statements are planned."
Sheen's admission comes just two days after his wife Brooke Mueller checked into a Los Angeles recuperation center after a weekend, on February 21, security breach prompted her to leave the Malibu, California rehab she checked into in early February.
The couple, which shares 11-month-old twin sons Bob and Max, has been working on rebuilding its marriage following a 2009 Christmas Day bust-up in Aspen, Colorado which led to Sheen's arrest. He was subsequently charged with felony menacing, third degree assault and misdemeanor criminal mischief after allegedly threatening Mueller with a knife during the fight.
More Charlie Sheen News
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'