Charlie Sheen Turns to Rehabilitation Center
Actor Charlie Sheen has entered a rehabilitation facility, his representative has announced. The troubled star, who has a history of drug abuse, is taking time out of filming his hit TV show "Two and a Half Men" to turn to medical professionals as a "preventative measure", although further details about his treatment have not been revealed.
In a statement released on Tuesday, February 23, Sheen's spokesperson says, "As a preventative measure, Charlie Sheen has entered a rehabilitation facility. He will take some time off his series 'Two and a Half Men'. He has asked that his privacy be honored. No further statements are planned."
Sheen's admission comes just two days after his wife Brooke Mueller checked into a Los Angeles recuperation center after a weekend, on February 21, security breach prompted her to leave the Malibu, California rehab she checked into in early February.
The couple, which shares 11-month-old twin sons Bob and Max, has been working on rebuilding its marriage following a 2009 Christmas Day bust-up in Aspen, Colorado which led to Sheen's arrest. He was subsequently charged with felony menacing, third degree assault and misdemeanor criminal mischief after allegedly threatening Mueller with a knife during the fight.
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why