Charlie Sheen Turns to Rehabilitation Center
Actor Charlie Sheen has entered a rehabilitation facility, his representative has announced. The troubled star, who has a history of drug abuse, is taking time out of filming his hit TV show "Two and a Half Men" to turn to medical professionals as a "preventative measure", although further details about his treatment have not been revealed.
In a statement released on Tuesday, February 23, Sheen's spokesperson says, "As a preventative measure, Charlie Sheen has entered a rehabilitation facility. He will take some time off his series 'Two and a Half Men'. He has asked that his privacy be honored. No further statements are planned."
Sheen's admission comes just two days after his wife Brooke Mueller checked into a Los Angeles recuperation center after a weekend, on February 21, security breach prompted her to leave the Malibu, California rehab she checked into in early February.
The couple, which shares 11-month-old twin sons Bob and Max, has been working on rebuilding its marriage following a 2009 Christmas Day bust-up in Aspen, Colorado which led to Sheen's arrest. He was subsequently charged with felony menacing, third degree assault and misdemeanor criminal mischief after allegedly threatening Mueller with a knife during the fight.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic