Charlie Sheen Turns to Rehabilitation Center
Actor Charlie Sheen has entered a rehabilitation facility, his representative has announced. The troubled star, who has a history of drug abuse, is taking time out of filming his hit TV show "Two and a Half Men" to turn to medical professionals as a "preventative measure", although further details about his treatment have not been revealed.
In a statement released on Tuesday, February 23, Sheen's spokesperson says, "As a preventative measure, Charlie Sheen has entered a rehabilitation facility. He will take some time off his series 'Two and a Half Men'. He has asked that his privacy be honored. No further statements are planned."
Sheen's admission comes just two days after his wife Brooke Mueller checked into a Los Angeles recuperation center after a weekend, on February 21, security breach prompted her to leave the Malibu, California rehab she checked into in early February.
The couple, which shares 11-month-old twin sons Bob and Max, has been working on rebuilding its marriage following a 2009 Christmas Day bust-up in Aspen, Colorado which led to Sheen's arrest. He was subsequently charged with felony menacing, third degree assault and misdemeanor criminal mischief after allegedly threatening Mueller with a knife during the fight.
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role