Cheryl Cole and Her Husband's Marriage Is Over
Girls Aloud's singer Cheryl Cole is to split from her soccer star husband Ashley Cole amid allegations he cheated on her with five women. The star wed the England international in July 2006 but their marriage was rocked in January 2008 when hairdresser Aimee Walton claimed the sportsman had spent the night with her.
Cole battled through the fallout in a desperate bid to save her marriage - but further allegations emerged in early February linking her husband to four more women. The "Fight for This Love" singer flew to Los Angeles to escape media attention over the scandal - but within hours of arriving back in the U.K. on Tuesday, February 23, she issued a statement confirming her marriage is over.
Her representatives said, "Cheryl Cole is separating from her husband Ashley Cole. Cheryl asks the media to respect her privacy during this difficult time. We have no further comment to make."
More Cheryl Cole News
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why