Cheryl Cole and Her Husband's Marriage Is Over
Girls Aloud's singer Cheryl Cole is to split from her soccer star husband Ashley Cole amid allegations he cheated on her with five women. The star wed the England international in July 2006 but their marriage was rocked in January 2008 when hairdresser Aimee Walton claimed the sportsman had spent the night with her.
Cole battled through the fallout in a desperate bid to save her marriage - but further allegations emerged in early February linking her husband to four more women. The "Fight for This Love" singer flew to Los Angeles to escape media attention over the scandal - but within hours of arriving back in the U.K. on Tuesday, February 23, she issued a statement confirming her marriage is over.
Her representatives said, "Cheryl Cole is separating from her husband Ashley Cole. Cheryl asks the media to respect her privacy during this difficult time. We have no further comment to make."
More Cheryl Cole News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage