Hilary Duff Had No Idea About the Proposal, Sister Says
Newly engaged Hilary Duff has yet to begin planning her wedding with fiance Mike Comrie - because she was taken by surprise when the ice hockey star proposed. The singer/actress has been dating the Edmonton Oilers star for two years and he asked for her hand in marriage during a romantic break in Hawaii in early February.
But the 22-year-old had no idea Comrie was planning to take their relationship to the next level, according to her older sister Haylie Duff. Haylie tells People.com, "She was completely surprised. I don't think that happens all the time. I think most of the time people figure it out or have some idea that it's going to happen, and I think it's great he was able to do a surprise like that for her."
"I adore him. He's wonderful." But Haylie isn't sure whether she'll be a bridesmaid at her sibling's wedding, saying "They just got engaged a few days ago. I don't even know if she's thinking of the wedding yet."
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!