Hilary Duff Had No Idea About the Proposal, Sister Says
Newly engaged Hilary Duff has yet to begin planning her wedding with fiance Mike Comrie - because she was taken by surprise when the ice hockey star proposed. The singer/actress has been dating the Edmonton Oilers star for two years and he asked for her hand in marriage during a romantic break in Hawaii in early February.
But the 22-year-old had no idea Comrie was planning to take their relationship to the next level, according to her older sister Haylie Duff. Haylie tells People.com, "She was completely surprised. I don't think that happens all the time. I think most of the time people figure it out or have some idea that it's going to happen, and I think it's great he was able to do a surprise like that for her."
"I adore him. He's wonderful." But Haylie isn't sure whether she'll be a bridesmaid at her sibling's wedding, saying "They just got engaged a few days ago. I don't even know if she's thinking of the wedding yet."
More Hilary Duff News
- George Clooney Underwent Vasectomy Reversal for Wife Amal
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'