Hilary Duff Had No Idea About the Proposal, Sister Says
Newly engaged Hilary Duff has yet to begin planning her wedding with fiance Mike Comrie - because she was taken by surprise when the ice hockey star proposed. The singer/actress has been dating the Edmonton Oilers star for two years and he asked for her hand in marriage during a romantic break in Hawaii in early February.
But the 22-year-old had no idea Comrie was planning to take their relationship to the next level, according to her older sister Haylie Duff. Haylie tells People.com, "She was completely surprised. I don't think that happens all the time. I think most of the time people figure it out or have some idea that it's going to happen, and I think it's great he was able to do a surprise like that for her."
"I adore him. He's wonderful." But Haylie isn't sure whether she'll be a bridesmaid at her sibling's wedding, saying "They just got engaged a few days ago. I don't even know if she's thinking of the wedding yet."
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video