Shakira Meets President Obama to Discuss Education Charity Campaign
Shakira has met with U.S. President Barack Obama to discuss her charity campaign to educate underprivileged kids across the world. The "Hips Don't Lie" singer, who is an ambassador for UNICEF and runs her own charity the Barefoot Foundation, is calling for impoverished children to be given better access to education.
And she took her campaign to the White House on Monday, February 22 to speak to Obama about increasing investment in the scheme. She says, "It was such a privilege to sit down with the President in the Oval Office to discuss our shared commitment to education and early childhood development. We agreed that investing in our children is the smartest strategy governments can use to boost economic growth, fight poverty, and promote global security and peace."
"We will be working closely with the President and his staff to implement his vision - for Latinos, children in the United States, and around the world." In December 2009, Shakira spoke at England's prestigious Oxford University to discuss the same topic.
More Shakira News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'