Shakira Meets President Obama to Discuss Education Charity Campaign
Shakira has met with U.S. President Barack Obama to discuss her charity campaign to educate underprivileged kids across the world. The "Hips Don't Lie" singer, who is an ambassador for UNICEF and runs her own charity the Barefoot Foundation, is calling for impoverished children to be given better access to education.
And she took her campaign to the White House on Monday, February 22 to speak to Obama about increasing investment in the scheme. She says, "It was such a privilege to sit down with the President in the Oval Office to discuss our shared commitment to education and early childhood development. We agreed that investing in our children is the smartest strategy governments can use to boost economic growth, fight poverty, and promote global security and peace."
"We will be working closely with the President and his staff to implement his vision - for Latinos, children in the United States, and around the world." In December 2009, Shakira spoke at England's prestigious Oxford University to discuss the same topic.
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit