Shakira Meets President Obama to Discuss Education Charity Campaign
Shakira has met with U.S. President Barack Obama to discuss her charity campaign to educate underprivileged kids across the world. The "Hips Don't Lie" singer, who is an ambassador for UNICEF and runs her own charity the Barefoot Foundation, is calling for impoverished children to be given better access to education.
And she took her campaign to the White House on Monday, February 22 to speak to Obama about increasing investment in the scheme. She says, "It was such a privilege to sit down with the President in the Oval Office to discuss our shared commitment to education and early childhood development. We agreed that investing in our children is the smartest strategy governments can use to boost economic growth, fight poverty, and promote global security and peace."
"We will be working closely with the President and his staff to implement his vision - for Latinos, children in the United States, and around the world." In December 2009, Shakira spoke at England's prestigious Oxford University to discuss the same topic.
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Assassinating Donald Trump: 'Maybe It's Time'
- Khloe Kardashian Sizzling in Completely Sheer Bodysuit. Tempting Tristan Thompson?
- Chance the Rapper Apologizes to Dr. Dre for Degrading His Label
- Brad Pitt Wishes to Reconcile With Angelina Jolie Despite Messy Split
- Chris Brown Reveals He Tried to Have a Baby With Karrueche Tran
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role