Lindsay Lohan's Dad Defends His Outspoken Nature Over Her Drug Problem
Lindsay Lohan's dad Michael Lohan has defended his decision to speak out about the actress' drug problems, insisting he has only turned to the press because he is desperately worried about the star. Michael first opened up about his famous daughter in 2007 and has since become well known for airing his grievances about their fractured relationship in public.
The "Mean Girls" star entered rehab twice in 2007 and she recently claimed her dad's outspoken nature caused her drug-taking to spiral out of control. In a candid interview with Britain's The Sun newspaper, Lindsay said, "When my father was going public, that's when I hit rock bottom."
But Michael has slammed the allegations, insisting his daughter's wild ways had become uncontrollable, forcing him to turn to the media as a last resort. Michael admits he's pleased the star is finally coming to terms with her drug problems but he is adamant she's still hooked on prescription pills.
He tells Hollyscoop.com, "In response to Lindsay's interview with the Sun, While I'm very happy that Lindsay is beginning to come 'clean,' the truth of the matter is I went public when she hit rock bottom. SHE DID NOT GO ROCK BOTTOM WHEN I WENT PUBLIC... And while I find her admissions of her experiences with alcohol and cocaine to be noble, the REAL PROBLEM still exists with the prescription drug use that the so-called 'addiction specialist', therapist and doctors are prescribing... to Lindsay."
Michael accepts his messy divorce from Dina Lohan may have prompted Lindsay to get addicted to prescription drugs, but he has vowed to continue speaking out until he believes Lindsay is completely clean and sober.
He says, "Lindsay and my other children were torn apart because they lost the stability of a family... . The problem for Lindsay and so many others is prescription drug use... I will not stop (speaking out) until I finally get my daughter off of all the prescription drugs which she never needed and doesn't need no matter how much I get bad mouthed or slandered by the people out there who aren't so perfect themselves... I will do ALL I can to make things right, even if it costs me, or is at my own expense!"
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!