Pete Wentz Is 2010 UNICEF Tap Project Spokesperson
Pete Wentz has joined forces with the United Nations to raise awareness about the importance of providing safe drinking water to children around the globe. The rocker and father-of-one has been named the national spokesperson for the 2010 UNICEF Tap Project, a campaign which encourages people to donate as little as $1 for tap water at restaurants across the U.S. during World Water Week.
The money will go towards the UNICEF water fund to improve kids' access to clean water in countries across the world. And Wentz is proud to be involved in such a significant cause. He says, "It's truly an honor to be the national spokesperson for the Tap Project and support efforts to provide clean water to children in the developing world."
"Water is something that we as Americans often take for granted but the reality is, the lack of clean and accessible drinking water kills 4,100 children under the age of five every day and as a new father I have become highly attuned to the needs of children everywhere. Unfortunately, it's usually when emergencies like Haiti occur, that the importance of clean water really becomes apparent to the rest of us."
Pete Wentz and wife Ashlee Simpson are parents to one-year-old baby boy Bronx.
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis