Pete Wentz Is 2010 UNICEF Tap Project Spokesperson
Pete Wentz has joined forces with the United Nations to raise awareness about the importance of providing safe drinking water to children around the globe. The rocker and father-of-one has been named the national spokesperson for the 2010 UNICEF Tap Project, a campaign which encourages people to donate as little as $1 for tap water at restaurants across the U.S. during World Water Week.
The money will go towards the UNICEF water fund to improve kids' access to clean water in countries across the world. And Wentz is proud to be involved in such a significant cause. He says, "It's truly an honor to be the national spokesperson for the Tap Project and support efforts to provide clean water to children in the developing world."
"Water is something that we as Americans often take for granted but the reality is, the lack of clean and accessible drinking water kills 4,100 children under the age of five every day and as a new father I have become highly attuned to the needs of children everywhere. Unfortunately, it's usually when emergencies like Haiti occur, that the importance of clean water really becomes apparent to the rest of us."
Pete Wentz and wife Ashlee Simpson are parents to one-year-old baby boy Bronx.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story