Scarlett Johansson Shares Deadly Experience on 'Boleyn Girl' Set
Scarlett Johansson has heaped praise on the bodyguard who saved her life while filming "The Other Boleyn Girl", after a wild horse nearly crushed her to death. Johansson put her riding skills to the test while shooting the historic 2008 film, but one dangerous scene almost turned deadly when the petite star fell from a stallion and it came crashing down on top of her.
She explains, "I was riding side saddle with this 400 pound costume on and I always carried around (traveled with) this Bulgarian body guard... It had been raining and we rode up this muddy embankment and suddenly the horse was being temperamental. He reared up and I felt majestic on top until his whole a** slid underneath him and he started to roll over on one side."
Johansson admits she feared the worst until the burly bodyguard came to her rescue. She adds, "I thought for sure this was going to crush my legs and out of nowhere my Bulgarian bodyguard flew in and stop, dropped, and he rolled, and he carried me sailing through the air! I knew he would save my life one day, and he did."
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her