Kate Winslet Proud of Her Alexander McQueen Treasure
Kate Winslet treasures the Alexander McQueen's dress she wore for her first wedding - because it reminds her of happy times spent with the tragic designer. The "Titanic" star enlisted McQueen to design the gown for her 1998 nuptials to first husband Jim Threapleton, the father of her daughter, Mia.
The marriage ended in divorce - but Winslet still has fond memories of the late designer and her classic McQueen dress. She tells British morning show GMTV, "I got to know him quite well because he made my wedding dress when I married my daughter's father. I'm very proud that I still have that dress and have kept it very, very well because obviously it means so much more now."
McQueen was found hanged at his apartment in London earlier this month, on February 11, and a post-mortem examination confirmed he died from asphyxiation.
More Kate Winslet News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby