Kate Winslet Proud of Her Alexander McQueen Treasure
Kate Winslet treasures the Alexander McQueen's dress she wore for her first wedding - because it reminds her of happy times spent with the tragic designer. The "Titanic" star enlisted McQueen to design the gown for her 1998 nuptials to first husband Jim Threapleton, the father of her daughter, Mia.
The marriage ended in divorce - but Winslet still has fond memories of the late designer and her classic McQueen dress. She tells British morning show GMTV, "I got to know him quite well because he made my wedding dress when I married my daughter's father. I'm very proud that I still have that dress and have kept it very, very well because obviously it means so much more now."
McQueen was found hanged at his apartment in London earlier this month, on February 11, and a post-mortem examination confirmed he died from asphyxiation.
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week
- Kris Jenner Is Ready to Fight for Full Custody of Rob's Daughter Dream