Kate Winslet Proud of Her Alexander McQueen Treasure
Kate Winslet treasures the Alexander McQueen's dress she wore for her first wedding - because it reminds her of happy times spent with the tragic designer. The "Titanic" star enlisted McQueen to design the gown for her 1998 nuptials to first husband Jim Threapleton, the father of her daughter, Mia.
The marriage ended in divorce - but Winslet still has fond memories of the late designer and her classic McQueen dress. She tells British morning show GMTV, "I got to know him quite well because he made my wedding dress when I married my daughter's father. I'm very proud that I still have that dress and have kept it very, very well because obviously it means so much more now."
McQueen was found hanged at his apartment in London earlier this month, on February 11, and a post-mortem examination confirmed he died from asphyxiation.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation