Kate Winslet Proud of Her Alexander McQueen Treasure
Kate Winslet treasures the Alexander McQueen's dress she wore for her first wedding - because it reminds her of happy times spent with the tragic designer. The "Titanic" star enlisted McQueen to design the gown for her 1998 nuptials to first husband Jim Threapleton, the father of her daughter, Mia.
The marriage ended in divorce - but Winslet still has fond memories of the late designer and her classic McQueen dress. She tells British morning show GMTV, "I got to know him quite well because he made my wedding dress when I married my daughter's father. I'm very proud that I still have that dress and have kept it very, very well because obviously it means so much more now."
McQueen was found hanged at his apartment in London earlier this month, on February 11, and a post-mortem examination confirmed he died from asphyxiation.
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her