Boyzone Almost Abandoned New Album
The surviving members of Boyzone considered shelving their upcoming album "Brother" following Stephen Gately's death - but agreed their late bandmate "would never have forgiven" them if they had scrapped the record. The five-piece were hard at work on the album when Gately suddenly died in October 2009.
The grief-stricken group contemplated axing "Brother" - but after several emotional discussions they decided to release the album in honor of Gately. Keith Duffy tells Britain's Daily Star, "We started work on this album over a year ago and Steo (Gately) played a big part in choosing songs - he was seriously excited about making it."
"If people asked us why we didn't release the album and we said, 'It's because Stephen passed away,' he'd be there looking down saying, 'Don't you blame it on me you little f**kers!' He would never have forgiven us."
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram