Boyzone Almost Abandoned New Album
The surviving members of Boyzone considered shelving their upcoming album "Brother" following Stephen Gately's death - but agreed their late bandmate "would never have forgiven" them if they had scrapped the record. The five-piece were hard at work on the album when Gately suddenly died in October 2009.
The grief-stricken group contemplated axing "Brother" - but after several emotional discussions they decided to release the album in honor of Gately. Keith Duffy tells Britain's Daily Star, "We started work on this album over a year ago and Steo (Gately) played a big part in choosing songs - he was seriously excited about making it."
"If people asked us why we didn't release the album and we said, 'It's because Stephen passed away,' he'd be there looking down saying, 'Don't you blame it on me you little f**kers!' He would never have forgiven us."
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius
- Watch Usher and Future in 'Rivals' Music Video
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Jared and Caila Prove Their Strong Bond With Bold Move
- Kim Kardashian Flashes Nipples in Intriguing Ensemble During an Outing in NYC