Boyzone Almost Abandoned New Album
The surviving members of Boyzone considered shelving their upcoming album "Brother" following Stephen Gately's death - but agreed their late bandmate "would never have forgiven" them if they had scrapped the record. The five-piece were hard at work on the album when Gately suddenly died in October 2009.
The grief-stricken group contemplated axing "Brother" - but after several emotional discussions they decided to release the album in honor of Gately. Keith Duffy tells Britain's Daily Star, "We started work on this album over a year ago and Steo (Gately) played a big part in choosing songs - he was seriously excited about making it."
"If people asked us why we didn't release the album and we said, 'It's because Stephen passed away,' he'd be there looking down saying, 'Don't you blame it on me you little f**kers!' He would never have forgiven us."
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years