Kevin Smith Knows Fat Hate Is Everywhere
Moviemaker Kevin Smith is convinced overweight people face discrimination in America - because there is a lot of "fat hate out there". The "Clerks" director was left fuming in early February when he was booted off a Southwest airlines flight because of his size.
He went public with his story and slammed bosses at the U.S. firm for the unfriendly move, receiving two apologies from Southwest chiefs. But Smith fears the negative reaction from airline staff is indicative of a much wider problem, insisting many overweight people face discrimination on a daily basis.
He tells WENN, "There's so much f**king contempt for fat people in this country which I had not realized because for 15 years I hadn't been called fat. There's a lot of fat hate out there still and fortunately based on my job I've been protected from it but now I may as well be 'Fatatar' and lead these people. There's more of us than skinny people and you're all gonna get f**king eaten one day!"
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart