Kevin Smith Knows Fat Hate Is Everywhere
Moviemaker Kevin Smith is convinced overweight people face discrimination in America - because there is a lot of "fat hate out there". The "Clerks" director was left fuming in early February when he was booted off a Southwest airlines flight because of his size.
He went public with his story and slammed bosses at the U.S. firm for the unfriendly move, receiving two apologies from Southwest chiefs. But Smith fears the negative reaction from airline staff is indicative of a much wider problem, insisting many overweight people face discrimination on a daily basis.
He tells WENN, "There's so much f**king contempt for fat people in this country which I had not realized because for 15 years I hadn't been called fat. There's a lot of fat hate out there still and fortunately based on my job I've been protected from it but now I may as well be 'Fatatar' and lead these people. There's more of us than skinny people and you're all gonna get f**king eaten one day!"
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding