Kevin Smith Knows Fat Hate Is Everywhere
Moviemaker Kevin Smith is convinced overweight people face discrimination in America - because there is a lot of "fat hate out there". The "Clerks" director was left fuming in early February when he was booted off a Southwest airlines flight because of his size.
He went public with his story and slammed bosses at the U.S. firm for the unfriendly move, receiving two apologies from Southwest chiefs. But Smith fears the negative reaction from airline staff is indicative of a much wider problem, insisting many overweight people face discrimination on a daily basis.
He tells WENN, "There's so much f**king contempt for fat people in this country which I had not realized because for 15 years I hadn't been called fat. There's a lot of fat hate out there still and fortunately based on my job I've been protected from it but now I may as well be 'Fatatar' and lead these people. There's more of us than skinny people and you're all gonna get f**king eaten one day!"
More Kevin Smith News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media