Kevin Smith Knows Fat Hate Is Everywhere
Moviemaker Kevin Smith is convinced overweight people face discrimination in America - because there is a lot of "fat hate out there". The "Clerks" director was left fuming in early February when he was booted off a Southwest airlines flight because of his size.
He went public with his story and slammed bosses at the U.S. firm for the unfriendly move, receiving two apologies from Southwest chiefs. But Smith fears the negative reaction from airline staff is indicative of a much wider problem, insisting many overweight people face discrimination on a daily basis.
He tells WENN, "There's so much f**king contempt for fat people in this country which I had not realized because for 15 years I hadn't been called fat. There's a lot of fat hate out there still and fortunately based on my job I've been protected from it but now I may as well be 'Fatatar' and lead these people. There's more of us than skinny people and you're all gonna get f**king eaten one day!"
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!