Lindsay Lohan Went to Rehab After Bathroom Scare
Lindsay Lohan checked herself into rehab for the first time in 2007 after she passed out while running a bath. The "Mean Girls" star has been admitted to treatment clinics three times over the years, to deal with a variety of issues including personal problems, exhaustion, drug use and recovery from a driving under the influence (DUI) incident.
The actress first realized she needed help in early 2007 after she took sleeping medication Ambien and nodded off on the bathroom floor of her Los Angeles home - as her bath overflowed around her. Lohan tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "The first time I checked myself in was because I had taken Ambien. It's a sleeping aid but it makes you hallucinate."
The 23-year-old actress continues, "I'd run a bath and fallen asleep on the floor and the bath had overflowed. When I woke up I was so scared, I called my therapist and said, 'Can I just go somewhere for a month? I'm around bad people and I need to take care of myself'."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!
- Watch Analeigh Tipton and Sofia Black D'Elia Battle Worm Flu Epidemic in 'Viral' Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Reportedly Pregnant Again With Ex Scott Disick's Baby
- 'Wayward Pines' 2.07 Preview: I Won't Surrender
- Get the Details of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Mid-Nuptial Agreement