Lindsay Lohan Went to Rehab After Bathroom Scare
Lindsay Lohan checked herself into rehab for the first time in 2007 after she passed out while running a bath. The "Mean Girls" star has been admitted to treatment clinics three times over the years, to deal with a variety of issues including personal problems, exhaustion, drug use and recovery from a driving under the influence (DUI) incident.
The actress first realized she needed help in early 2007 after she took sleeping medication Ambien and nodded off on the bathroom floor of her Los Angeles home - as her bath overflowed around her. Lohan tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "The first time I checked myself in was because I had taken Ambien. It's a sleeping aid but it makes you hallucinate."
The 23-year-old actress continues, "I'd run a bath and fallen asleep on the floor and the bath had overflowed. When I woke up I was so scared, I called my therapist and said, 'Can I just go somewhere for a month? I'm around bad people and I need to take care of myself'."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali, 'Suicide Squad' and 'Fantastic Beasts' Are First Winners
- Report: Britney Spears Is Expecting a Child With Sam Asghari
- New 'Iron Fist' Photos Show Danny Rand in Action, Actor Responds to White-Washing Controversy
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Pregnant With Rob Kardashian's Second Baby
- Future Scores Fourth No. 1 Album With 'Future' on Billboard 200
- Oscars 2017: Felicity Jones, Taraji P. Henson, Chrissy Teigen Stun on Red Carpet
- Selena Gomez Sweetly Calls The Weeknd 'Baby' on Instagram
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24