Lindsay Lohan Went to Rehab After Bathroom Scare
Lindsay Lohan checked herself into rehab for the first time in 2007 after she passed out while running a bath. The "Mean Girls" star has been admitted to treatment clinics three times over the years, to deal with a variety of issues including personal problems, exhaustion, drug use and recovery from a driving under the influence (DUI) incident.
The actress first realized she needed help in early 2007 after she took sleeping medication Ambien and nodded off on the bathroom floor of her Los Angeles home - as her bath overflowed around her. Lohan tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "The first time I checked myself in was because I had taken Ambien. It's a sleeping aid but it makes you hallucinate."
The 23-year-old actress continues, "I'd run a bath and fallen asleep on the floor and the bath had overflowed. When I woke up I was so scared, I called my therapist and said, 'Can I just go somewhere for a month? I'm around bad people and I need to take care of myself'."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture