Lindsay Lohan Went to Rehab After Bathroom Scare
Lindsay Lohan checked herself into rehab for the first time in 2007 after she passed out while running a bath. The "Mean Girls" star has been admitted to treatment clinics three times over the years, to deal with a variety of issues including personal problems, exhaustion, drug use and recovery from a driving under the influence (DUI) incident.
The actress first realized she needed help in early 2007 after she took sleeping medication Ambien and nodded off on the bathroom floor of her Los Angeles home - as her bath overflowed around her. Lohan tells Britain's The Sun newspaper, "The first time I checked myself in was because I had taken Ambien. It's a sleeping aid but it makes you hallucinate."
The 23-year-old actress continues, "I'd run a bath and fallen asleep on the floor and the bath had overflowed. When I woke up I was so scared, I called my therapist and said, 'Can I just go somewhere for a month? I'm around bad people and I need to take care of myself'."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7