Leona Lewis to Have Meat-Free Tour
Leona Lewis is continuing to rally against meat-eaters - the singer has banned all animal food products from her upcoming tour. The vegetarian "Bleeding Love" hitmaker successfully convinced organizers of 2010 BRIT Awards to remove foie gras from the event's menu, after learning of plans to serve the controversial French delicacy at the ceremony.
And now Lewis is planning to make sure her upcoming U.K. tour is completely meat-free when it starts in May. She says, "The meat industry is polluting the environment. I've banned all meat from photoshoots to the tour itself simply because I don't support the meat industry."
Lewis is even trying to convince music mogul Simon Cowell to support her campaign, she wants the "American Idol" 's judge to follow Sir Paul McCartney's Meat Free Mondays campaign, to encourage the public to embrace vegetarianism once a week. She adds, "Anything I ask Simon to get involved in regarding my charity and environmental concerns he always does. He's cool like that."
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber