Shia LaBeouf's Wall Street Study Earns Him Half Million Dollars
Shia LaBeouf's role in Oliver Stone's "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps" is proving financially lucrative for the star months ahead of the film's debut in April - the actor has made almost $500,000 after learning how to invest his money. LaBeouf stars as a young Wall Street whizzkid opposite Michael Douglas' ruthless Gordon Gekko in the forthcoming sequel.
He prepared for his part by training at one of the world's largest discount brokers, Charles Schwab. And the 23-year-old's extra study sessions have proven a good investment - he's almost half a million dollars richer than when he landed the role.
He explains, "Before I did anything, before I even met Oliver Stone, I went into the Schwab office... I get out to New York, I meet all these amazing people, and I said, alright, I'm gonna put some money into it. If (I'm) ever going to invest, and I've always wanted to, this was the time to do it. So I put $20,000 in. And that $20,000 turned into $489,000. I looked at it yesterday (February 18) ... I'm pretty good at it."
But LaBeouf admits the big payoff also came with big risks. He adds, "Really, it's who gets the information first... four of the nine guys I was training with got arrested and are in jail now for insider trading."
More Shia LaBeouf News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier