Colin Firth Feels Uneasy About Kissing Nicholas Hoult
Colin Firth was wary of kissing Nicholas Hoult in "A Single Man" because the actor is the same age as his son. The 49-year-old plays a college professor in Tom Ford's directional debut, and Hoult's character, a teenage student, develops an infatuation with his teacher.
But Firth worried about one scene where the pair had to kiss because his son Will, 20, was born just months after Hoult. He says, "I did have conversations with Tom about the nature of the relationship. I have a son the same age as Nick so I was very concerned."
"I would have been uneasy had he (Hoult) been uneasy but he seemed so calm about everything and displayed no self-consciousness whatsoever. But the nature of the scene wasn't predatory on my part. If anything the young man is the stalker."
More Colin Firth News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest