Colin Firth Feels Uneasy About Kissing Nicholas Hoult
Colin Firth was wary of kissing Nicholas Hoult in "A Single Man" because the actor is the same age as his son. The 49-year-old plays a college professor in Tom Ford's directional debut, and Hoult's character, a teenage student, develops an infatuation with his teacher.
But Firth worried about one scene where the pair had to kiss because his son Will, 20, was born just months after Hoult. He says, "I did have conversations with Tom about the nature of the relationship. I have a son the same age as Nick so I was very concerned."
"I would have been uneasy had he (Hoult) been uneasy but he seemed so calm about everything and displayed no self-consciousness whatsoever. But the nature of the scene wasn't predatory on my part. If anything the young man is the stalker."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart