Colin Firth Feels Uneasy About Kissing Nicholas Hoult
Colin Firth was wary of kissing Nicholas Hoult in "A Single Man" because the actor is the same age as his son. The 49-year-old plays a college professor in Tom Ford's directional debut, and Hoult's character, a teenage student, develops an infatuation with his teacher.
But Firth worried about one scene where the pair had to kiss because his son Will, 20, was born just months after Hoult. He says, "I did have conversations with Tom about the nature of the relationship. I have a son the same age as Nick so I was very concerned."
"I would have been uneasy had he (Hoult) been uneasy but he seemed so calm about everything and displayed no self-consciousness whatsoever. But the nature of the scene wasn't predatory on my part. If anything the young man is the stalker."
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie