Colin Firth Feels Uneasy About Kissing Nicholas Hoult
Colin Firth was wary of kissing Nicholas Hoult in "A Single Man" because the actor is the same age as his son. The 49-year-old plays a college professor in Tom Ford's directional debut, and Hoult's character, a teenage student, develops an infatuation with his teacher.
But Firth worried about one scene where the pair had to kiss because his son Will, 20, was born just months after Hoult. He says, "I did have conversations with Tom about the nature of the relationship. I have a son the same age as Nick so I was very concerned."
"I would have been uneasy had he (Hoult) been uneasy but he seemed so calm about everything and displayed no self-consciousness whatsoever. But the nature of the scene wasn't predatory on my part. If anything the young man is the stalker."
More Colin Firth News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal