Celine Dion: IVF Left Me Bruised and Numb
Celine Dion has been left "bruised and numb" from her ongoing in-vitro fertilization (IVF) treatment and constantly bursts into tears over her pregnancy heartache. The 41-year-old has been trying for a second child with husband Rene Angelil and she has undergone four failed attempts by doctors to implant embryos in her uterus as they strive to expand their family. The couple had embryos frozen for in-vitro fertilization while trying to conceive their first child, Rene-Charles, now nine.
In August 2009, the singer confirmed she was expecting, but their happiness ended in heartbreak when doctors informed the couple that Dion was no long pregnant - and the star admits she broke down when she was told the tragic news. In footage from her documentary, "Celine: Through the Eyes of the World", she says, "Rene answered the phone and when I saw the tears running down his face, I knew it wasn't the news we have been longing for. You do everything right and you're careful and you rest and then... the disappointment hits you like a wave. But I swear, I'll keep trying until it works."
But the process isn't easy for the "My Heart Will Go On" hitmaker. Dion reveals, "I give the shots (of fertility drugs) to myself. My thighs are bruised and numb and full of lumps from the long needles that go deep into the muscle. I don't want people saying, 'Oh, poor Celine,' but it does take a lot out of me."
"Sometimes I just suddenly burst into tears for no reason. Rene and I want this so much and we go crazy waiting for the results. As a girl who grew up with 13 siblings, I found it hard."
More Celine Dion News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival