Celine Dion: IVF Left Me Bruised and Numb
Celine Dion has been left "bruised and numb" from her ongoing in-vitro fertilization (IVF) treatment and constantly bursts into tears over her pregnancy heartache. The 41-year-old has been trying for a second child with husband Rene Angelil and she has undergone four failed attempts by doctors to implant embryos in her uterus as they strive to expand their family. The couple had embryos frozen for in-vitro fertilization while trying to conceive their first child, Rene-Charles, now nine.
In August 2009, the singer confirmed she was expecting, but their happiness ended in heartbreak when doctors informed the couple that Dion was no long pregnant - and the star admits she broke down when she was told the tragic news. In footage from her documentary, "Celine: Through the Eyes of the World", she says, "Rene answered the phone and when I saw the tears running down his face, I knew it wasn't the news we have been longing for. You do everything right and you're careful and you rest and then... the disappointment hits you like a wave. But I swear, I'll keep trying until it works."
But the process isn't easy for the "My Heart Will Go On" hitmaker. Dion reveals, "I give the shots (of fertility drugs) to myself. My thighs are bruised and numb and full of lumps from the long needles that go deep into the muscle. I don't want people saying, 'Oh, poor Celine,' but it does take a lot out of me."
"Sometimes I just suddenly burst into tears for no reason. Rene and I want this so much and we go crazy waiting for the results. As a girl who grew up with 13 siblings, I found it hard."
More Celine Dion News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3