James McAvoy Slammed for Bulimia Joke
James McAvoy has been slammed by executives at a leading Scottish charity after he joked about plans for his assassin character in the "Wanted (2008)" sequel to suffer from an eating disorder. The actor had to bulk up his frame for the first film, in which he starred alongside Angelina Jolie, and he recently revealed he isn't looking forward to returning to the gym to regain his muscled physique.
He said, "I might go skinny for the next film - he's a bulimic assassin, he vomits after killing... No matter what the script says, I think I'm gonna play the second film like he's in dire need of therapy. And I think he might've stopped eating."
But his comments have provoked outrage from officials at the Center for Eating Disorders in his native Scotland. Spokesperson Grace Coia says, "It is a sad misrepresentation which could lead people to think bulimia is socially acceptable."
More James McAvoy News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!