James McAvoy Slammed for Bulimia Joke
James McAvoy has been slammed by executives at a leading Scottish charity after he joked about plans for his assassin character in the "Wanted (2008)" sequel to suffer from an eating disorder. The actor had to bulk up his frame for the first film, in which he starred alongside Angelina Jolie, and he recently revealed he isn't looking forward to returning to the gym to regain his muscled physique.
He said, "I might go skinny for the next film - he's a bulimic assassin, he vomits after killing... No matter what the script says, I think I'm gonna play the second film like he's in dire need of therapy. And I think he might've stopped eating."
But his comments have provoked outrage from officials at the Center for Eating Disorders in his native Scotland. Spokesperson Grace Coia says, "It is a sad misrepresentation which could lead people to think bulimia is socially acceptable."
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards
- Desperate Bella Hadid Is Jealous of The Weeknd and Selena Gomez's Romance
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Reveals A.D. in Series Finale. Did You See It Coming?
- AMC Renews 'Better Call Saul' for Season 4