James McAvoy Slammed for Bulimia Joke
James McAvoy has been slammed by executives at a leading Scottish charity after he joked about plans for his assassin character in the "Wanted (2008)" sequel to suffer from an eating disorder. The actor had to bulk up his frame for the first film, in which he starred alongside Angelina Jolie, and he recently revealed he isn't looking forward to returning to the gym to regain his muscled physique.
He said, "I might go skinny for the next film - he's a bulimic assassin, he vomits after killing... No matter what the script says, I think I'm gonna play the second film like he's in dire need of therapy. And I think he might've stopped eating."
But his comments have provoked outrage from officials at the Center for Eating Disorders in his native Scotland. Spokesperson Grace Coia says, "It is a sad misrepresentation which could lead people to think bulimia is socially acceptable."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show