Sex Pistols' John Lydon Declined to Work With Pink Floyd
Sex Pistols' star John Lydon turned down an invitation to join music legends Pink Floyd, because he feared he'd appear pretentious. Lydon insists he's a huge fan of the pop icons - despite a famous photograph of him wearing a T-shirt with the slogan I Hate Pink Floyd - claiming the band's early music heavily influenced the Sex Pistols.
So he was stunned when the remaining members of Pink Floyd asked him to help them re-record their iconic album "Dark Side of the Moon". Lydon tells The Stool Pigeon, "I've no idea where I got (that T-shirt) from. You'd have to be daft as a brush to say you didn't like Pink Floyd. They've done great stuff. 'Dark Side of the Moon', I love."
"Two years ago when they came to L.A., they asked me would I come on and do a bit of 'Dark Side of the Moon' with them and the idea thrilled me no end. It would have been very, very neat but it stunk a little in my head of 'What am I doing here?' I came so close to doing it, (but) it felt like I was trying to set myself up as some kind of pretentious person."
Lydon admits he regrets turning the offer down, and is hoping he'll get asked again, "I wanted to do it. But just not when 20,000 people were there. I'd have gone to a studio and played around with it there. But not for the bigger picture. Privately. I'd love to go into the studio and do something with the album with them."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival