Martin Scorsese Tips Kathryn Bigelow for Oscars Win
Legendary directory Martin Scorsese is so impressed with Kathryn Bigelow's Oscar-nominated war film "The Hurt Locker" he has tipped her to win the Best Director prize at next month's, on March 7 Academy Awards. Scorsese took home the prestigious award in 2007 for "The Departed" after losing out five times.
And the filmmaker is hopeful Bigelow will follow in his footsteps, and make Oscar history as the first female Best Director. The longtime Bigelow fan says, "Maybe (she will win). I've always been a fan of hers, over the years. (Her film) 'Blue Steel'. She's good, she's really good."
Another director who also tips Kathryn Bigelow for Oscars win is Quentin Tarantino. During an interview with Larry King, the director of "Inglourious Basterds" says, "I can't imagine Kathryn is not going to get it for best director. I'm going to vote for Kathryn."
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week
- Kris Jenner Is Ready to Fight for Full Custody of Rob's Daughter Dream