Martin Scorsese Tips Kathryn Bigelow for Oscars Win
Legendary directory Martin Scorsese is so impressed with Kathryn Bigelow's Oscar-nominated war film "The Hurt Locker" he has tipped her to win the Best Director prize at next month's, on March 7 Academy Awards. Scorsese took home the prestigious award in 2007 for "The Departed" after losing out five times.
And the filmmaker is hopeful Bigelow will follow in his footsteps, and make Oscar history as the first female Best Director. The longtime Bigelow fan says, "Maybe (she will win). I've always been a fan of hers, over the years. (Her film) 'Blue Steel'. She's good, she's really good."
Another director who also tips Kathryn Bigelow for Oscars win is Quentin Tarantino. During an interview with Larry King, the director of "Inglourious Basterds" says, "I can't imagine Kathryn is not going to get it for best director. I'm going to vote for Kathryn."
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups