Martin Scorsese Tips Kathryn Bigelow for Oscars Win
Legendary directory Martin Scorsese is so impressed with Kathryn Bigelow's Oscar-nominated war film "The Hurt Locker" he has tipped her to win the Best Director prize at next month's, on March 7 Academy Awards. Scorsese took home the prestigious award in 2007 for "The Departed" after losing out five times.
And the filmmaker is hopeful Bigelow will follow in his footsteps, and make Oscar history as the first female Best Director. The longtime Bigelow fan says, "Maybe (she will win). I've always been a fan of hers, over the years. (Her film) 'Blue Steel'. She's good, she's really good."
Another director who also tips Kathryn Bigelow for Oscars win is Quentin Tarantino. During an interview with Larry King, the director of "Inglourious Basterds" says, "I can't imagine Kathryn is not going to get it for best director. I'm going to vote for Kathryn."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story