Martin Scorsese Tips Kathryn Bigelow for Oscars Win
Legendary directory Martin Scorsese is so impressed with Kathryn Bigelow's Oscar-nominated war film "The Hurt Locker" he has tipped her to win the Best Director prize at next month's, on March 7 Academy Awards. Scorsese took home the prestigious award in 2007 for "The Departed" after losing out five times.
And the filmmaker is hopeful Bigelow will follow in his footsteps, and make Oscar history as the first female Best Director. The longtime Bigelow fan says, "Maybe (she will win). I've always been a fan of hers, over the years. (Her film) 'Blue Steel'. She's good, she's really good."
Another director who also tips Kathryn Bigelow for Oscars win is Quentin Tarantino. During an interview with Larry King, the director of "Inglourious Basterds" says, "I can't imagine Kathryn is not going to get it for best director. I'm going to vote for Kathryn."
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating
- Mariah Carey Enjoying Birthday Beach Getaway With Bryan Tanaka - See the Romantic Pic!
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings