Christoph Waltz: 'Inglourious Basterds' Would Never Happen Without Brad Pitt
"Inglourious Basterds" star Christoph Waltz is convinced the movie would never have been made if Brad Pitt hadn't agreed to take part. The movie has already picked up a string of accolades and is nominated for eight Academy Awards at the upcoming Oscars in March , including Best Picture and Best Director.
Waltz, who is up for a Best Supporting Actor prize at the Oscars, has already picked up a London Critics' Circle Film Award for Actor of the Year for his role as Colonel Hans Landa in the 2009 movie. But he's convinced Quentin Tarantino's critically-acclaimed film would never have happened if Pitt hadn't signed up, because Waltz believes the "Fight Club" star is responsible for making it such a success.
He tells WENN, "Without Brad this movie probably wouldn't have gone ahead and Brad is one of the biggest stars in the world. He could have refused to offer a helping hand, not only has he offered it, he has actually ignited it... ."
"I really think this movie in 10 to 15 years time will have won a place in history like many of these watershed, pivotal movies. He's (Tarantino's) just very much ahead of his time, and he always has been."
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance