Christoph Waltz: 'Inglourious Basterds' Would Never Happen Without Brad Pitt
"Inglourious Basterds" star Christoph Waltz is convinced the movie would never have been made if Brad Pitt hadn't agreed to take part. The movie has already picked up a string of accolades and is nominated for eight Academy Awards at the upcoming Oscars in March , including Best Picture and Best Director.
Waltz, who is up for a Best Supporting Actor prize at the Oscars, has already picked up a London Critics' Circle Film Award for Actor of the Year for his role as Colonel Hans Landa in the 2009 movie. But he's convinced Quentin Tarantino's critically-acclaimed film would never have happened if Pitt hadn't signed up, because Waltz believes the "Fight Club" star is responsible for making it such a success.
He tells WENN, "Without Brad this movie probably wouldn't have gone ahead and Brad is one of the biggest stars in the world. He could have refused to offer a helping hand, not only has he offered it, he has actually ignited it... ."
"I really think this movie in 10 to 15 years time will have won a place in history like many of these watershed, pivotal movies. He's (Tarantino's) just very much ahead of his time, and he always has been."
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says