Colin Farrell No Longer Feels Unworthy After Stop Drinking
Irish actor Colin Farrell is glad he quit drinking, because he is better able to appreciate his career now he is sober. The 33-year-old was once famed for his party lifestyle, but has become teetotal over the last few years.
Farrell admits he turned to booze because he didn't feel "worthy" of his Hollywood career, and it was only when he quit drink that he realized he needed to change his attitude to his work. He tells Total Film magazine, "(Giving up alcohol has) put more focus on my career. I'm a lot more appreciative over what I have. For years I was adamantly trying to show that I wasn't worthy or that I didn't know why it happened to me. I enjoy it a lot more now."
"I just wanted to stop (drinking). I was done with it, I was tired of it, I wanted to get off the treadmill. The work I always took serious, I probably would have been embarrassed by how serious I took it," the "S.W.A.T" actor adds. "Everything else, the behavior around the work, was a guy having a good time and probably trying to apologize for his success."
More Colin Farrell News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent