Quentin Tarantino Votes for Kathryn Bigelow's Oscars Win
Quentin Tarantino is convinced Kathryn Bigelow will crush his dream of winning the Best Director title at March Academy Awards - he's tipped "The Hurt locker" filmmaker to take the coveted Oscar. The director was previously nominated for the prestigious award for his 1994 movie "Pulp Fiction", but lost out to Robert Zemeckis for "Forrest Gump".
Tarantino will get a second shot at the trophy at this year's ceremony with "Inglourious Basterds", and he is set to battle it out with Bigelow for her efforts on "The Hurt Locker". The filmmakers will be competing against Bigelow's ex-husband James Cameron for "Avatar", Lee Daniels for "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire" and Jason Reitman for "Up in the Air".
Tarantino is hopeful he will land the prize for Best Picture or Best Original Screenplay, but he is adamant Bigelow will walk away with the director's award. Speaking to U.S. talk show host, Larry King, he says, "It would be really nice to win an Oscar for one of the three things or eight things I'm up for. And I think I stand a very good chance. I think we stand a good chance for best picture and I think I stand a very, very good chance for best (original) screenplay. I can't imagine Kathryn is not going to get it for best director. I'm going to vote for Kathryn."
But the "Kill Bill" director is not sure who he wants to win the Best Actress trophy at the glitzy event - he can't decide between Carey Mulligan for her outing in "An Education", or newcomer Gabourey Sidibe for her breakthrough part in "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire". He tells WENN, "She's (Mulligan's) fantastic. To me, I haven't decided between her or Gaby. It's going to be tough. It's actually one of the tougher ones (categories) and I don't think I know what I'm going to choose."
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage