Judi Dench Against the Building of Soccer Screen in London's Park
Judi Dench has joined a campaign to stop plans to erect a huge screen in London's Regent's Park during the soccer World Cup in summer. Officials at the Greater London Authority plan to set up a giant screen in the famous park so up to 20,000 soccer fans can watch the games taking place in South Africa in June.
The move has drawn criticism from local residents as well as bosses at the nearby Open Air Theater, who insist the move will disrupt summer shows at the venue. And Dench, who has previously performed at the theater, has added her name to the petition against the screens.
The legendary actress has fired off a letter to London's mayor Boris Johnson to voice her concerns, according to Britain's The Independent newspaper.
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges