Judi Dench Against the Building of Soccer Screen in London's Park
Judi Dench has joined a campaign to stop plans to erect a huge screen in London's Regent's Park during the soccer World Cup in summer. Officials at the Greater London Authority plan to set up a giant screen in the famous park so up to 20,000 soccer fans can watch the games taking place in South Africa in June.
The move has drawn criticism from local residents as well as bosses at the nearby Open Air Theater, who insist the move will disrupt summer shows at the venue. And Dench, who has previously performed at the theater, has added her name to the petition against the screens.
The legendary actress has fired off a letter to London's mayor Boris Johnson to voice her concerns, according to Britain's The Independent newspaper.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna