Judi Dench Against the Building of Soccer Screen in London's Park
Judi Dench has joined a campaign to stop plans to erect a huge screen in London's Regent's Park during the soccer World Cup in summer. Officials at the Greater London Authority plan to set up a giant screen in the famous park so up to 20,000 soccer fans can watch the games taking place in South Africa in June.
The move has drawn criticism from local residents as well as bosses at the nearby Open Air Theater, who insist the move will disrupt summer shows at the venue. And Dench, who has previously performed at the theater, has added her name to the petition against the screens.
The legendary actress has fired off a letter to London's mayor Boris Johnson to voice her concerns, according to Britain's The Independent newspaper.
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Here's Why Chris Pratt Refuses to Take Selfies With Fans
- Faye Dunaway Feels 'Very Guilty' About Oscar Flub
- Lil Wayne Ends Idaho Show After Fan Throws Drink at Him - Watch the Footage
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'