Judi Dench Against the Building of Soccer Screen in London's Park
Judi Dench has joined a campaign to stop plans to erect a huge screen in London's Regent's Park during the soccer World Cup in summer. Officials at the Greater London Authority plan to set up a giant screen in the famous park so up to 20,000 soccer fans can watch the games taking place in South Africa in June.
The move has drawn criticism from local residents as well as bosses at the nearby Open Air Theater, who insist the move will disrupt summer shows at the venue. And Dench, who has previously performed at the theater, has added her name to the petition against the screens.
The legendary actress has fired off a letter to London's mayor Boris Johnson to voice her concerns, according to Britain's The Independent newspaper.
More Judi Dench News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed