Golf Writers Agree Not to Come to Tiger Woods' Press Conference
Tiger Woods' press conference on Friday, February 19 has been dealt a major blow - the Golf Writers Association of America (GWAA) is boycotting the junket over a ban on reporters' questions. Earlier this week the embattled golfer announced he will face the press for the first time since his sex scandal hit the headlines in November 2009.
However, representatives for Woods will choose which media outlets will be allowed to attend the conference, and they have insisted that no questions will be allowed. The move has infuriated bosses at the GWAA, who have decided to keep their reporters away from the event following a vote by its board.
A statement from GWAA president Vartan Kupelian reads, "I cannot stress how strongly our board felt that this should be open to all media and also for the opportunity to question Woods. The position, simply put, is all or none. This is a major story of international scope. To limit the ability of journalists to attend, listen, see and question Woods goes against the grain of everything we believe."
Meanwhile, during a media briefing on Thursday, February 18 PGA Tour Commissioner Tim Finchem confirmed reports the star has spent time in a rehab center. He told reporters, "I don't know what his (Woods') plans are in terms of what he's going to say. I don't know what he's going to do after he finishes his rehab, you know, I think all of that is TBD (to be determined)." Finchem later added that Woods had completed his time in rehab, and that he would discuss the issue at the conference, according to TMZ.com.
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her