Beyonce Knowles Gets the Most Gold and Platinum Certifications
Beyonce Knowles has landed another major accolade - she has been named the most successful musician of the new century's first decade in America. Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) bosses have released their decade list of the bestselling artists and Grammy Award record breaker Beyonce tops both the albums and video certifications and ringtone certifications countdown. She landed 64 gold and platinum certifications for sales of albums and videos and a further 19 for ringtones.
The Eagles topped all other groups in total gold and platinum awards with 48, while the late Michael Jackson led male solo artists with 44, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Three albums tied for the decades highest certification at 11-times platinum, NSYNC's "No Strings Attached", Shania Twain's "Up!" and Outkast's 2003 double "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below".
Gold awards are presented for sales of 500,000 albums, digital songs or ringtones, and platinums are handed out to artists who pass the one million mark. Each multi-platinum award is counted as a separate certification. A music video goes gold at 25,000 units, platinum at 50,000 and multi-platinum for every 50,000 units after that.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS