Barbara Walters Says Engagement Rumor With Frank Langella Is Ridiculous
Revered U.S. TV personality Barbara Walters has laughed off reports she is set to wed actor Frank Langella, insisting the stars are just old friends. The pair sparked speculation of a romance in 2009, after they were spotted together in Washington, D.C. for the Kennedy Center Honors.
80-year-old Walters denied claims their relationship is more than platonic but rumors have continued to resurface. Earlier this week, the National Enquirer reported Langella had moved into Walters' New York apartment and was planning to wed the TV host in summer.
But Walters has shot down the claims, insisting Langella is nothing more than a "friend". Addressing the tabloid reports on her U.S. chat show "The View" on Thursday, February 18, she laughed, "According to the National Enquirer, Frank Langella is now living in my apartment. He's about six foot, four (inches) and I don't know where he's hiding."
"(According to reports) We're getting married this summer and ("The View" co-host) Whoopi Goldberg, who is a friend of Mr. Langella - you gave me your blessings. This is so ridiculous... if he's in my apartment, I don't know where."
Goldberg previously dated Langella after meeting on the set of "Eddie" in 1996 and they lived together until 2001.
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!