Barbara Walters Says Engagement Rumor With Frank Langella Is Ridiculous
Revered U.S. TV personality Barbara Walters has laughed off reports she is set to wed actor Frank Langella, insisting the stars are just old friends. The pair sparked speculation of a romance in 2009, after they were spotted together in Washington, D.C. for the Kennedy Center Honors.
80-year-old Walters denied claims their relationship is more than platonic but rumors have continued to resurface. Earlier this week, the National Enquirer reported Langella had moved into Walters' New York apartment and was planning to wed the TV host in summer.
But Walters has shot down the claims, insisting Langella is nothing more than a "friend". Addressing the tabloid reports on her U.S. chat show "The View" on Thursday, February 18, she laughed, "According to the National Enquirer, Frank Langella is now living in my apartment. He's about six foot, four (inches) and I don't know where he's hiding."
"(According to reports) We're getting married this summer and ("The View" co-host) Whoopi Goldberg, who is a friend of Mr. Langella - you gave me your blessings. This is so ridiculous... if he's in my apartment, I don't know where."
Goldberg previously dated Langella after meeting on the set of "Eddie" in 1996 and they lived together until 2001.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie