Steven Tyler Excited to Hit Stage With Aerosmith at European Festival
Steven Tyler has confirmed he's returning to Aerosmith for summer festival shows in Europe, insisting he's "excited" about the prospect of playing live again. Tyler stunned the music world - and his bandmates - in 2009 when he announced his plans for a two-year hiatus before quitting the group.
Guitarist Joe Perry immediately launched a bid to replace the frontman for 2010 recording and concert commitments, but it appears Tyler will be back sooner than expected, following a stint in rehab for a painkiller addiction. And just two weeks after the singer's manager, Skip Miller, threatened to sue Aerosmith if Tyler was replaced, the band is planning a series of European shows, beginning with the Sweden Rock Festival in early June - a show the "Dude Looks Like a Lady" singer is thrilled about.
In a message posted on the festival's website, Tyler writes, "The Swedish audience is like no other. We are all very excited about this." And Perry adds, "This will be our first gig on our European tour. We can hardly wait until we can kickstart our tour in Sweden, and I am confident that it will be great!"
The group have also booked a co-headlining spot at Britain's Download Festival later in June. The shows will kick off Aerosmith's 40th anniversary.
- Warren Beatty Is the New Steve Harvey After Oscar Best Picture Flub
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion
- Oscars 2017 Winner List: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress, 'Moonlight' Is Best Picture
- Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz Involved in Twitter Feud After Remy Ma's Diss Track
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Wins Big, Casey Affleck Is Best Actor
- Remy Ma Calls Out Nicki Minaj on New Diss Track 'ShETHER'
- Beast Is Kicked Out of Castle by Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast' Academy Awards TV Spot
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'