Steven Tyler Excited to Hit Stage With Aerosmith at European Festival
Steven Tyler has confirmed he's returning to Aerosmith for summer festival shows in Europe, insisting he's "excited" about the prospect of playing live again. Tyler stunned the music world - and his bandmates - in 2009 when he announced his plans for a two-year hiatus before quitting the group.
Guitarist Joe Perry immediately launched a bid to replace the frontman for 2010 recording and concert commitments, but it appears Tyler will be back sooner than expected, following a stint in rehab for a painkiller addiction. And just two weeks after the singer's manager, Skip Miller, threatened to sue Aerosmith if Tyler was replaced, the band is planning a series of European shows, beginning with the Sweden Rock Festival in early June - a show the "Dude Looks Like a Lady" singer is thrilled about.
In a message posted on the festival's website, Tyler writes, "The Swedish audience is like no other. We are all very excited about this." And Perry adds, "This will be our first gig on our European tour. We can hardly wait until we can kickstart our tour in Sweden, and I am confident that it will be great!"
The group have also booked a co-headlining spot at Britain's Download Festival later in June. The shows will kick off Aerosmith's 40th anniversary.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake