Whoopi Goldberg Vows Never to Get Married Again
Whoopi Goldberg has vowed never to wed again, insisting she is "not meant to be married". The comedienne has been married three times - her first marriage to drug counselor Alvin Martin ended in 1979; she divorced cinematographer David Claessen in 1988, and she was married to actor Lyle Trachtenberg for one year before they split in 1995.
The failed unions have prompted the "Ghost" actress to swear off marriage for good, and she's asked her friends to stop her if she ever announces plans to wed for a fourth time because she's convinced it will be doomed.
She says, "If you ever hear of me walking down anybody's aisle again, I want you to stick your leg out and trip me. Some people are not meant to be married and I am not meant to. I'm sure it is wonderful for lots of people."
More Whoopi Goldberg News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story