Jay-Z Hit With Race Scandal Over His BRITs' Afterparty
Rapper Jay-Z has been caught up in a race scandal following allegations security at his BRIT Awards after party on Tuesday, February 16 banned white people from entering the VIP area. The "99 Problems" superstar threw a lavish bash at Merah nightclub in London following his Best International Male Solo win at the ceremony.
But the night descended into chaos after fights broke out amid people scrambling to get close to the star. And the atmosphere turned even nastier after security personnel working on the doors of the VIP room allegedly refused to allow any white people into the area, while letting black partygoers straight through, according to Britain's Daily Star newspaper.
The publication's music reporter Kim Dawson writes, "I've been to countless showbiz bashes but never have I met meat heads like those at the Jay-Z do (party). Jay-Z is a megastar and yet it was clear white people were not welcome in his VIP area."
"While the red rope was lifted for black guests to breeze through, let's just say it stayed down if your face didn't fit. I have never felt so intimidated. It left me feeling like a mauled dog."
Meanwhile, black pop star Alesha Dixon, who attended the party, was also left disgusted at the way the bash was organized. She reportedly told the newspaper at the party, "My friends have been getting knocked about and no-one seems to care. I need to get out of here. What a horrible end to the night. I was having a blast at my record label party and now the mood is soured. I wish I'd never come."
The publication claims the rapper's representative insisted the security was hired by the club, but the venue's bosses state they had no idea of any problems.
More Jay-Z News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama