Brother: Banning Father to Visit Brittany Murphy's Grave Is Cruel
Brittany Murphy's brother has taken aim at the bosses of the cemetery where the actress was laid to rest in December 2009 - for refusing to let his father visit her grave. Angelo Bertolotti was denied access to Murphy's grave site on Monday, February 15 after arriving at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in the Hollywood Hills to pay his respects.
Staff told the actress' estranged father that only family members could visit Murphy's grave - and because his name wasn't on her death certificate, they couldn't grant him access. Distraught Bertolotti was forced to leave the cemetery without seeing his daughter's grave and his son, Murphy's half-brother Jeff, is speaking out about what he calls "a travesty".
Talking to U.S. news show Access Hollywood, he says, "I cannot think of a more cruel thing to do to an 84-year-old man. He's on the birth certificate. For an 80-something-year-old man to go to his daughter's grave and be turned away is ridiculous. It's one of the most cruel and unusual things I can think of."
Meanwhile, his father is attempting to add his name to the death certificate at the Los Angeles County Coroner's office. Jeff Bertolotti adds, "It'll get cleared up."
And Murphy's brother hopes the cemetery mix up will help to bring his extended family together, "I don't think anyone from our side of the family is on the list (to visit the grave)... When someone passes, it's a time to bring everyone together, not turn them away."
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors