Brother: Banning Father to Visit Brittany Murphy's Grave Is Cruel
Brittany Murphy's brother has taken aim at the bosses of the cemetery where the actress was laid to rest in December 2009 - for refusing to let his father visit her grave. Angelo Bertolotti was denied access to Murphy's grave site on Monday, February 15 after arriving at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in the Hollywood Hills to pay his respects.
Staff told the actress' estranged father that only family members could visit Murphy's grave - and because his name wasn't on her death certificate, they couldn't grant him access. Distraught Bertolotti was forced to leave the cemetery without seeing his daughter's grave and his son, Murphy's half-brother Jeff, is speaking out about what he calls "a travesty".
Talking to U.S. news show Access Hollywood, he says, "I cannot think of a more cruel thing to do to an 84-year-old man. He's on the birth certificate. For an 80-something-year-old man to go to his daughter's grave and be turned away is ridiculous. It's one of the most cruel and unusual things I can think of."
Meanwhile, his father is attempting to add his name to the death certificate at the Los Angeles County Coroner's office. Jeff Bertolotti adds, "It'll get cleared up."
And Murphy's brother hopes the cemetery mix up will help to bring his extended family together, "I don't think anyone from our side of the family is on the list (to visit the grave)... When someone passes, it's a time to bring everyone together, not turn them away."
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper