Garry Marshall Believes Taylor Swift Will Win Something as Actress
Country star Taylor Swift has been tipped for big success in Hollywood after impressing director Garry Marshall with her acting role in "Valentine's Day". The singer plays a cheerleader in the new romantic comedy, starring alongside a host of top actors including Julia Roberts, Jessica Alba, Anne Hathaway, Ashton Kutcher and Bradley Cooper.
Swift has already cemented her place in the pop world after taking home a clutch of Grammy Awards in January, but she could also make a name for herself in Hollywood too, according to the "Pretty Woman" filmmaker. Marshall says, "She may win something as an actress very soon. I think she's got a career and if things go well... ."
Although Taylor Swift succeed in impressing Garry Marshall, she also received some harsh reviews as Film Journal International claimed that she "manages to screw up the stock character of ditzy/snobby high schooler." While Variety Magazine reviewed that the "Love Story" singer "seems entirely undirected."
More Taylor Swift News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal