Garry Marshall Believes Taylor Swift Will Win Something as Actress
Country star Taylor Swift has been tipped for big success in Hollywood after impressing director Garry Marshall with her acting role in "Valentine's Day". The singer plays a cheerleader in the new romantic comedy, starring alongside a host of top actors including Julia Roberts, Jessica Alba, Anne Hathaway, Ashton Kutcher and Bradley Cooper.
Swift has already cemented her place in the pop world after taking home a clutch of Grammy Awards in January, but she could also make a name for herself in Hollywood too, according to the "Pretty Woman" filmmaker. Marshall says, "She may win something as an actress very soon. I think she's got a career and if things go well... ."
Although Taylor Swift succeed in impressing Garry Marshall, she also received some harsh reviews as Film Journal International claimed that she "manages to screw up the stock character of ditzy/snobby high schooler." While Variety Magazine reviewed that the "Love Story" singer "seems entirely undirected."
More Taylor Swift News
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?