Garry Marshall Believes Taylor Swift Will Win Something as Actress
Country star Taylor Swift has been tipped for big success in Hollywood after impressing director Garry Marshall with her acting role in "Valentine's Day". The singer plays a cheerleader in the new romantic comedy, starring alongside a host of top actors including Julia Roberts, Jessica Alba, Anne Hathaway, Ashton Kutcher and Bradley Cooper.
Swift has already cemented her place in the pop world after taking home a clutch of Grammy Awards in January, but she could also make a name for herself in Hollywood too, according to the "Pretty Woman" filmmaker. Marshall says, "She may win something as an actress very soon. I think she's got a career and if things go well... ."
Although Taylor Swift succeed in impressing Garry Marshall, she also received some harsh reviews as Film Journal International claimed that she "manages to screw up the stock character of ditzy/snobby high schooler." While Variety Magazine reviewed that the "Love Story" singer "seems entirely undirected."
More Taylor Swift News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed