Garry Marshall Believes Taylor Swift Will Win Something as Actress
Country star Taylor Swift has been tipped for big success in Hollywood after impressing director Garry Marshall with her acting role in "Valentine's Day". The singer plays a cheerleader in the new romantic comedy, starring alongside a host of top actors including Julia Roberts, Jessica Alba, Anne Hathaway, Ashton Kutcher and Bradley Cooper.
Swift has already cemented her place in the pop world after taking home a clutch of Grammy Awards in January, but she could also make a name for herself in Hollywood too, according to the "Pretty Woman" filmmaker. Marshall says, "She may win something as an actress very soon. I think she's got a career and if things go well... ."
Although Taylor Swift succeed in impressing Garry Marshall, she also received some harsh reviews as Film Journal International claimed that she "manages to screw up the stock character of ditzy/snobby high schooler." While Variety Magazine reviewed that the "Love Story" singer "seems entirely undirected."
More Taylor Swift News
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage