Garry Marshall Believes Taylor Swift Will Win Something as Actress
Country star Taylor Swift has been tipped for big success in Hollywood after impressing director Garry Marshall with her acting role in "Valentine's Day". The singer plays a cheerleader in the new romantic comedy, starring alongside a host of top actors including Julia Roberts, Jessica Alba, Anne Hathaway, Ashton Kutcher and Bradley Cooper.
Swift has already cemented her place in the pop world after taking home a clutch of Grammy Awards in January, but she could also make a name for herself in Hollywood too, according to the "Pretty Woman" filmmaker. Marshall says, "She may win something as an actress very soon. I think she's got a career and if things go well... ."
Although Taylor Swift succeed in impressing Garry Marshall, she also received some harsh reviews as Film Journal International claimed that she "manages to screw up the stock character of ditzy/snobby high schooler." While Variety Magazine reviewed that the "Love Story" singer "seems entirely undirected."
More Taylor Swift News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture