Akon Considers to Have Early Retirement, Thanks to Lady GaGa
Akon is considering an early retirement thanks to Lady GaGa - because signing the pop sensation to his record label has set him up financially for life. Akon signed the "Poker Face" hitmaker to his KonLive label at Interscope Records in 2007 after she was dropped by another of the company's imprints.
GaGa's Grammy-winning hits have gone on to dominate music charts across the globe, and Akon admits he could quit his own career for good and continue to live in luxury thanks to the lucrative deal. Recalling his agreement with Interscope chairman Jimmy Iovine, Akon tells the Associated Press, "I was like, 'Yo, I want to sign that right there. She needs to be under my umbrella. Jimmy was like, 'Yeah, whatever you want. Take her. Let's get it done.' And she just blossomed into a super megastar, man."
"She's pretty much retired me. She was definitely a blessing. She came at the right moment. I'm glad I believed in her, boy. That goes to show you, if you believe in something strong enough, it will pay off."
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...