Akon Considers to Have Early Retirement, Thanks to Lady GaGa
Akon is considering an early retirement thanks to Lady GaGa - because signing the pop sensation to his record label has set him up financially for life. Akon signed the "Poker Face" hitmaker to his KonLive label at Interscope Records in 2007 after she was dropped by another of the company's imprints.
GaGa's Grammy-winning hits have gone on to dominate music charts across the globe, and Akon admits he could quit his own career for good and continue to live in luxury thanks to the lucrative deal. Recalling his agreement with Interscope chairman Jimmy Iovine, Akon tells the Associated Press, "I was like, 'Yo, I want to sign that right there. She needs to be under my umbrella. Jimmy was like, 'Yeah, whatever you want. Take her. Let's get it done.' And she just blossomed into a super megastar, man."
"She's pretty much retired me. She was definitely a blessing. She came at the right moment. I'm glad I believed in her, boy. That goes to show you, if you believe in something strong enough, it will pay off."
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion