Akon Considers to Have Early Retirement, Thanks to Lady GaGa
Akon is considering an early retirement thanks to Lady GaGa - because signing the pop sensation to his record label has set him up financially for life. Akon signed the "Poker Face" hitmaker to his KonLive label at Interscope Records in 2007 after she was dropped by another of the company's imprints.
GaGa's Grammy-winning hits have gone on to dominate music charts across the globe, and Akon admits he could quit his own career for good and continue to live in luxury thanks to the lucrative deal. Recalling his agreement with Interscope chairman Jimmy Iovine, Akon tells the Associated Press, "I was like, 'Yo, I want to sign that right there. She needs to be under my umbrella. Jimmy was like, 'Yeah, whatever you want. Take her. Let's get it done.' And she just blossomed into a super megastar, man."
"She's pretty much retired me. She was definitely a blessing. She came at the right moment. I'm glad I believed in her, boy. That goes to show you, if you believe in something strong enough, it will pay off."
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo