Akon Considers to Have Early Retirement, Thanks to Lady GaGa
Akon is considering an early retirement thanks to Lady GaGa - because signing the pop sensation to his record label has set him up financially for life. Akon signed the "Poker Face" hitmaker to his KonLive label at Interscope Records in 2007 after she was dropped by another of the company's imprints.
GaGa's Grammy-winning hits have gone on to dominate music charts across the globe, and Akon admits he could quit his own career for good and continue to live in luxury thanks to the lucrative deal. Recalling his agreement with Interscope chairman Jimmy Iovine, Akon tells the Associated Press, "I was like, 'Yo, I want to sign that right there. She needs to be under my umbrella. Jimmy was like, 'Yeah, whatever you want. Take her. Let's get it done.' And she just blossomed into a super megastar, man."
"She's pretty much retired me. She was definitely a blessing. She came at the right moment. I'm glad I believed in her, boy. That goes to show you, if you believe in something strong enough, it will pay off."
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot