Katy Perry Not Landing Shoe Line Deal
A spokesperson for pop star Katy Perry has dismissed rumors she has signed a deal to develop her own shoe range. According to the New York Post, the fashion-forward singer was offered $1 million to collaborate with designer Steve Madden, who recently teamed up with twin moguls Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen for their new footwear collection, Olsenboye.
However, the "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker isn't about to follow in the footsteps of celebrity shoe designers Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton and Stacy Ferguson. In a statement denying the claims, the rep says, "Katy is working on her next album, not a shoe line."
Aside from her designer role, in late January, Katy Perry held a bash for her engagement with Russell Brand, who proposed her on a romantic candle-lit dinner in India. The couple held the party at Il Cielo in Beverly Hills along with around 50 guests.
More Katy Perry News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri