Katy Perry Not Landing Shoe Line Deal
A spokesperson for pop star Katy Perry has dismissed rumors she has signed a deal to develop her own shoe range. According to the New York Post, the fashion-forward singer was offered $1 million to collaborate with designer Steve Madden, who recently teamed up with twin moguls Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen for their new footwear collection, Olsenboye.
However, the "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker isn't about to follow in the footsteps of celebrity shoe designers Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton and Stacy Ferguson. In a statement denying the claims, the rep says, "Katy is working on her next album, not a shoe line."
Aside from her designer role, in late January, Katy Perry held a bash for her engagement with Russell Brand, who proposed her on a romantic candle-lit dinner in India. The couple held the party at Il Cielo in Beverly Hills along with around 50 guests.
More Katy Perry News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes