Katy Perry Not Landing Shoe Line Deal
A spokesperson for pop star Katy Perry has dismissed rumors she has signed a deal to develop her own shoe range. According to the New York Post, the fashion-forward singer was offered $1 million to collaborate with designer Steve Madden, who recently teamed up with twin moguls Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen for their new footwear collection, Olsenboye.
However, the "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker isn't about to follow in the footsteps of celebrity shoe designers Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton and Stacy Ferguson. In a statement denying the claims, the rep says, "Katy is working on her next album, not a shoe line."
Aside from her designer role, in late January, Katy Perry held a bash for her engagement with Russell Brand, who proposed her on a romantic candle-lit dinner in India. The couple held the party at Il Cielo in Beverly Hills along with around 50 guests.
More Katy Perry News
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party