Katy Perry Not Landing Shoe Line Deal
A spokesperson for pop star Katy Perry has dismissed rumors she has signed a deal to develop her own shoe range. According to the New York Post, the fashion-forward singer was offered $1 million to collaborate with designer Steve Madden, who recently teamed up with twin moguls Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen for their new footwear collection, Olsenboye.
However, the "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker isn't about to follow in the footsteps of celebrity shoe designers Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton and Stacy Ferguson. In a statement denying the claims, the rep says, "Katy is working on her next album, not a shoe line."
Aside from her designer role, in late January, Katy Perry held a bash for her engagement with Russell Brand, who proposed her on a romantic candle-lit dinner in India. The couple held the party at Il Cielo in Beverly Hills along with around 50 guests.
More Katy Perry News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'