Lily Allen: BRITs Win Is Perfect End to My Music Career
Singer Lily Allen is pleased she picked up the British Female Solo Artist trophy at Tuesday's, February 16 BRIT awards because it's the perfect end to her music career. The "Smile" hitmaker was among the big winners at the ceremony, beating the likes of Leona Lewis and Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine to land the coveted title.
Allen has previously announced her plan to take a two-year hiatus from recording and performing from March, to concentrate on her other business interests. And her BRIT triumph hasn't altered her decision - she is adamant it is a fitting farewell to her career.
She says, "This hasn't changed my plans to quit. It's actually been really good as something to work towards for the last six months, knowing I'd be doing this. It is the perfect way to say goodbye. I have so much I want to do now with my shop and record label."
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip