Lily Allen: BRITs Win Is Perfect End to My Music Career
Singer Lily Allen is pleased she picked up the British Female Solo Artist trophy at Tuesday's, February 16 BRIT awards because it's the perfect end to her music career. The "Smile" hitmaker was among the big winners at the ceremony, beating the likes of Leona Lewis and Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine to land the coveted title.
Allen has previously announced her plan to take a two-year hiatus from recording and performing from March, to concentrate on her other business interests. And her BRIT triumph hasn't altered her decision - she is adamant it is a fitting farewell to her career.
She says, "This hasn't changed my plans to quit. It's actually been really good as something to work towards for the last six months, knowing I'd be doing this. It is the perfect way to say goodbye. I have so much I want to do now with my shop and record label."
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage