Lily Allen: BRITs Win Is Perfect End to My Music Career
Singer Lily Allen is pleased she picked up the British Female Solo Artist trophy at Tuesday's, February 16 BRIT awards because it's the perfect end to her music career. The "Smile" hitmaker was among the big winners at the ceremony, beating the likes of Leona Lewis and Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine to land the coveted title.
Allen has previously announced her plan to take a two-year hiatus from recording and performing from March, to concentrate on her other business interests. And her BRIT triumph hasn't altered her decision - she is adamant it is a fitting farewell to her career.
She says, "This hasn't changed my plans to quit. It's actually been really good as something to work towards for the last six months, knowing I'd be doing this. It is the perfect way to say goodbye. I have so much I want to do now with my shop and record label."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3