Rihanna Is Venting Her Emotion When Recording 'Rated R'
Rihanna's latest album "Rated R" was her most emotional work to date - the star admits she was "venting" her personal issues on the record. "Rated R" was the first new material the "Umbrella" hitmaker released following her infamous bust-up with ex-lover Chris Brown in February 2009.
The pre-Grammy Awards fight left the singer battered and bruised, and Brown was later given a community service order and five years probation. And recording the album was a cathartic experience for the Bajan beauty.
She tells Australia's The Daily Telegraph, "Making this album was a lot of fun I have to say, it was really good for me. The vocal performances definitely were influenced by the emotion, the feeling. I wasn't just singing lines. I was singing every word and every word meant something because it was my story. It was a lot more personal, a lot more real... I was venting."
More Rihanna News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby