Rihanna Is Venting Her Emotion When Recording 'Rated R'
Rihanna's latest album "Rated R" was her most emotional work to date - the star admits she was "venting" her personal issues on the record. "Rated R" was the first new material the "Umbrella" hitmaker released following her infamous bust-up with ex-lover Chris Brown in February 2009.
The pre-Grammy Awards fight left the singer battered and bruised, and Brown was later given a community service order and five years probation. And recording the album was a cathartic experience for the Bajan beauty.
She tells Australia's The Daily Telegraph, "Making this album was a lot of fun I have to say, it was really good for me. The vocal performances definitely were influenced by the emotion, the feeling. I wasn't just singing lines. I was singing every word and every word meant something because it was my story. It was a lot more personal, a lot more real... I was venting."
More Rihanna News
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Tom Hanks, Piers Morgan, Donald Trump and More Mourn the Death of Space Legend John Glenn