Rihanna Is Venting Her Emotion When Recording 'Rated R'
Rihanna's latest album "Rated R" was her most emotional work to date - the star admits she was "venting" her personal issues on the record. "Rated R" was the first new material the "Umbrella" hitmaker released following her infamous bust-up with ex-lover Chris Brown in February 2009.
The pre-Grammy Awards fight left the singer battered and bruised, and Brown was later given a community service order and five years probation. And recording the album was a cathartic experience for the Bajan beauty.
She tells Australia's The Daily Telegraph, "Making this album was a lot of fun I have to say, it was really good for me. The vocal performances definitely were influenced by the emotion, the feeling. I wasn't just singing lines. I was singing every word and every word meant something because it was my story. It was a lot more personal, a lot more real... I was venting."
More Rihanna News
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think