Rihanna Is Venting Her Emotion When Recording 'Rated R'
Rihanna's latest album "Rated R" was her most emotional work to date - the star admits she was "venting" her personal issues on the record. "Rated R" was the first new material the "Umbrella" hitmaker released following her infamous bust-up with ex-lover Chris Brown in February 2009.
The pre-Grammy Awards fight left the singer battered and bruised, and Brown was later given a community service order and five years probation. And recording the album was a cathartic experience for the Bajan beauty.
She tells Australia's The Daily Telegraph, "Making this album was a lot of fun I have to say, it was really good for me. The vocal performances definitely were influenced by the emotion, the feeling. I wasn't just singing lines. I was singing every word and every word meant something because it was my story. It was a lot more personal, a lot more real... I was venting."
More Rihanna News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour