Leonardo DiCaprio Understands Waning Popularity Can Drive People Nuts
Leonardo DiCaprio understands the struggle some Hollywood legends face when their career start to wane - insisting it's easy for stars to become detached from reality. The actor has been a mainstay of the movie industry since his critically acclaimed turn in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" aged just 19.
He became one of Hollywood's hottest leading men after starring in James Cameron's hugely successful "Titanic", and has proved a hit at the box office ever since. But DiCaprio doesn't take his popularity for granted, insisting he can see how stars become "nuts" after falling for their own hype.
He tells Access Hollywood, "Just because you've done a good performance once, doesn't mean you're always going to be good. That's why some of the greatest actors in the world have gone a little bit nuts. They're saying to themselves, 'What happened? You used to love me?' It's an easy trap to fall into. You just have to realize that when you're hot, you're hot, and when you're not, you're not."
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce