Ashanti to Produce and Host Her Own Version of 'American Idol'
R&B star Ashanti has teamed up with the producers of "Ugly Betty" and "The Office" to create a new reality TV contest. The singer/actress has just signed a deal with the brains behind Reveille Productions to produce and host her own version of "American Idol".
Details of the show are being kept tightly under wraps, but Ashanti's manager mother Tina Douglas tells WENN, "It's an unscripted television show that is definitely music related. We'll be revealing more in the coming weeks. She has her own record label, called Written Entertainment, and the show is going to revolve around her label... It's going to be really big."
Beside revealing about her daughter's reality TV show, Douglas also shares that she's sore about Susan Boyle's album success. She says, "It's a double-edge sword... We were happy for her (Boyle) but Ashanti held onto that record for eight years and that was a big feat to accomplish with the music industry the way it is."
"This is my personal opinion, people wanna be successful and they're gonna take whatever route that they can. At the end of the day, before Ashanti blew up in 2002, it took me nine years of struggling with three record deals that failed. It was a struggle, it was hard, but it built character."
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert