Anthony Hopkins Is Forever in Debt to Alec Baldwin
Anthony Hopkins will forever be indebted to Alec Baldwin for insisting that filming on their 1997 movie "The Edge" was halted so the "Silence of the Lambs" star could have surgery. Hopkins herniated a disc in his neck just before filming started, but felt "duty-bound" to complete the wilderness adventure.
When his co-star discovered why the actor was in so much pain, he instructed director Lee Tamahori to cease filming, so Hopkins could get the medical attention he needed. The 72-year-old star recalls, "Alec just stopped everything one day and said, 'This is crazy; you're going to the hospital'."
"They found I had a herniated disc, they operated, and I was back at work within three days. I admired Alec for being tough. Maybe a lot of people don't like that, but I do because he's been very forthright, very honest and faithful."
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic