Anthony Hopkins Is Forever in Debt to Alec Baldwin
Anthony Hopkins will forever be indebted to Alec Baldwin for insisting that filming on their 1997 movie "The Edge" was halted so the "Silence of the Lambs" star could have surgery. Hopkins herniated a disc in his neck just before filming started, but felt "duty-bound" to complete the wilderness adventure.
When his co-star discovered why the actor was in so much pain, he instructed director Lee Tamahori to cease filming, so Hopkins could get the medical attention he needed. The 72-year-old star recalls, "Alec just stopped everything one day and said, 'This is crazy; you're going to the hospital'."
"They found I had a herniated disc, they operated, and I was back at work within three days. I admired Alec for being tough. Maybe a lot of people don't like that, but I do because he's been very forthright, very honest and faithful."
More Anthony Hopkins News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?