Anthony Hopkins Is Forever in Debt to Alec Baldwin
Anthony Hopkins will forever be indebted to Alec Baldwin for insisting that filming on their 1997 movie "The Edge" was halted so the "Silence of the Lambs" star could have surgery. Hopkins herniated a disc in his neck just before filming started, but felt "duty-bound" to complete the wilderness adventure.
When his co-star discovered why the actor was in so much pain, he instructed director Lee Tamahori to cease filming, so Hopkins could get the medical attention he needed. The 72-year-old star recalls, "Alec just stopped everything one day and said, 'This is crazy; you're going to the hospital'."
"They found I had a herniated disc, they operated, and I was back at work within three days. I admired Alec for being tough. Maybe a lot of people don't like that, but I do because he's been very forthright, very honest and faithful."
More Anthony Hopkins News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama