Anthony Hopkins Is Forever in Debt to Alec Baldwin
Anthony Hopkins will forever be indebted to Alec Baldwin for insisting that filming on their 1997 movie "The Edge" was halted so the "Silence of the Lambs" star could have surgery. Hopkins herniated a disc in his neck just before filming started, but felt "duty-bound" to complete the wilderness adventure.
When his co-star discovered why the actor was in so much pain, he instructed director Lee Tamahori to cease filming, so Hopkins could get the medical attention he needed. The 72-year-old star recalls, "Alec just stopped everything one day and said, 'This is crazy; you're going to the hospital'."
"They found I had a herniated disc, they operated, and I was back at work within three days. I admired Alec for being tough. Maybe a lot of people don't like that, but I do because he's been very forthright, very honest and faithful."
More Anthony Hopkins News
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer