Anthony Hopkins Is Forever in Debt to Alec Baldwin
Anthony Hopkins will forever be indebted to Alec Baldwin for insisting that filming on their 1997 movie "The Edge" was halted so the "Silence of the Lambs" star could have surgery. Hopkins herniated a disc in his neck just before filming started, but felt "duty-bound" to complete the wilderness adventure.
When his co-star discovered why the actor was in so much pain, he instructed director Lee Tamahori to cease filming, so Hopkins could get the medical attention he needed. The 72-year-old star recalls, "Alec just stopped everything one day and said, 'This is crazy; you're going to the hospital'."
"They found I had a herniated disc, they operated, and I was back at work within three days. I admired Alec for being tough. Maybe a lot of people don't like that, but I do because he's been very forthright, very honest and faithful."
More Anthony Hopkins News
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video
- Is Kanye West Trying to Make Up With Taylor Swift With This Picture?
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Ben Affleck's Batman May Face Off Deathstroke in Solo Movie
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account