Chris Jericho Nearly Stays in Jail After Being Late Arriving at Court
Wrestler-turned-rocker Chris Jericho almost found himself behind bars on Tuesday, February 16 after failing to show up in court to answer a charge of public intoxication. Jericho, the frontman of heavy metal band Fozzy, and fellow wrestler Greg Helms were arrested in Kentucky last month, on January 27 after they were apprehended for "alcohol intoxication in a public place".
The stars were summoned to appear in court on Tuesday, and when Jericho didn't show for the hearing, the judge issued a bench warrant for his arrest. He recalled the order when the fighter turned up hours later, reports TMZ.com.
Both Jericho and Helms, who turned up to court on time, settled the case by pleading guilty to the count and paying a fine of $159.
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage