Jessica Simpson: I Still Regularly Talk to Tony Romo
Jessica Simpson has kept in touch with her ex-boyfriend Tony Romo and regularly talks to the American footballer on the phone. The singer/actress was dumped by Romo on the eve of her 29th birthday in July 2009 but she insists she has no hard feelings towards the Dallas Cowboys star.
Simpson, who was previously married to Nick Lachey and dated John Mayer, claims none of her break-ups have been "bitter" and her new friendship with Romo is now based on their love of sports. The blonde beauty proved to be unpopular with Dallas Cowboys' fans during their two-year romance and was frequently blamed whenever Romo played poorly - but that hasn't stopped her from continuing to root for her ex.
She tells Allure magazine, "I talked to Tony today. I'm still a fan (of the Dallas Cowboys). I'm a huge fan. I wear my gear, and I cheer Tony on."
Simpson has since been romantically linked to The Smashing Pumpkins' rocker Billy Corgan, but claims she is currently single, adding, "I'm on my own. It's nice."
More Jessica Simpson News
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip