Lionel Richie Hopes to Walk Nicole Down the Aisle Soon
Lionel Richie is hoping his daughter Nicole Richie and new fiance Joel Madden have a short engagement - because he "cannot wait" to walk her down the aisle. The happy news broke this week after the socialite and former reality TV star showed off her new ring while dining out with rocker Madden in New York on Monday night, February 15.
Confirming the engagement during a taped appearance on U.S. talk show "Late Show with David Letterman", set to air on Friday, February 19, Richie says, "We actually recently got engaged." And the 28-year-old proud dad wants the couple to exchange vows as soon as possible after dating for three years.
The soul legend tells People.com, "My happiness for Nicole and Joel knows no boundaries. They have given me two beautiful grandchildren, Harlow and Sparrow, and have proven to be great parents. I am not sure who is luckier, Nicole and Joel to have each other, or me, to have both of them in my life. I cannot wait to give away the bride!"
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7