Lionel Richie Hopes to Walk Nicole Down the Aisle Soon
Lionel Richie is hoping his daughter Nicole Richie and new fiance Joel Madden have a short engagement - because he "cannot wait" to walk her down the aisle. The happy news broke this week after the socialite and former reality TV star showed off her new ring while dining out with rocker Madden in New York on Monday night, February 15.
Confirming the engagement during a taped appearance on U.S. talk show "Late Show with David Letterman", set to air on Friday, February 19, Richie says, "We actually recently got engaged." And the 28-year-old proud dad wants the couple to exchange vows as soon as possible after dating for three years.
The soul legend tells People.com, "My happiness for Nicole and Joel knows no boundaries. They have given me two beautiful grandchildren, Harlow and Sparrow, and have proven to be great parents. I am not sure who is luckier, Nicole and Joel to have each other, or me, to have both of them in my life. I cannot wait to give away the bride!"
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed