Lionel Richie Hopes to Walk Nicole Down the Aisle Soon
Lionel Richie is hoping his daughter Nicole Richie and new fiance Joel Madden have a short engagement - because he "cannot wait" to walk her down the aisle. The happy news broke this week after the socialite and former reality TV star showed off her new ring while dining out with rocker Madden in New York on Monday night, February 15.
Confirming the engagement during a taped appearance on U.S. talk show "Late Show with David Letterman", set to air on Friday, February 19, Richie says, "We actually recently got engaged." And the 28-year-old proud dad wants the couple to exchange vows as soon as possible after dating for three years.
The soul legend tells People.com, "My happiness for Nicole and Joel knows no boundaries. They have given me two beautiful grandchildren, Harlow and Sparrow, and have proven to be great parents. I am not sure who is luckier, Nicole and Joel to have each other, or me, to have both of them in my life. I cannot wait to give away the bride!"
More Lionel Richie News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby