Madonna In Talks to Design Her Own Clothing Line With Macy's
Pop superstar Madonna is set to cash in on her status as a fashion icon - she's in talks to design her own clothing range with bosses at U.S. department store Macy's. The "Material Girl" established herself as a trendsetter early on in her career when she became known in the 1980s for her bleached blonde hair, fishnet stockings and her famous coned bra.
Now Madonna is negotiating a lucrative deal with Macy's bosses to bring her style vision to life in a collection of apparel, accessories, underwear and footwear, reports industry publication Women's Wear Daily. Executives at clothing company Iconix Brand Group Inc., the same firm which bought Jay-Z's Rocawear line for $204 million in 2007, is believed to be involved in the venture, although a representative has refused to confirm or deny the reports.
Madonna has previously designed a fashion line for high street retailer H&M, which went on sale worldwide in 2007, and she was due to team up with Christian Audigier in 2009 but pulled out of plans at the last minute.
More Madonna News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna