Madonna In Talks to Design Her Own Clothing Line With Macy's
Pop superstar Madonna is set to cash in on her status as a fashion icon - she's in talks to design her own clothing range with bosses at U.S. department store Macy's. The "Material Girl" established herself as a trendsetter early on in her career when she became known in the 1980s for her bleached blonde hair, fishnet stockings and her famous coned bra.
Now Madonna is negotiating a lucrative deal with Macy's bosses to bring her style vision to life in a collection of apparel, accessories, underwear and footwear, reports industry publication Women's Wear Daily. Executives at clothing company Iconix Brand Group Inc., the same firm which bought Jay-Z's Rocawear line for $204 million in 2007, is believed to be involved in the venture, although a representative has refused to confirm or deny the reports.
Madonna has previously designed a fashion line for high street retailer H&M, which went on sale worldwide in 2007, and she was due to team up with Christian Audigier in 2009 but pulled out of plans at the last minute.
More Madonna News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival