Madonna In Talks to Design Her Own Clothing Line With Macy's
Pop superstar Madonna is set to cash in on her status as a fashion icon - she's in talks to design her own clothing range with bosses at U.S. department store Macy's. The "Material Girl" established herself as a trendsetter early on in her career when she became known in the 1980s for her bleached blonde hair, fishnet stockings and her famous coned bra.
Now Madonna is negotiating a lucrative deal with Macy's bosses to bring her style vision to life in a collection of apparel, accessories, underwear and footwear, reports industry publication Women's Wear Daily. Executives at clothing company Iconix Brand Group Inc., the same firm which bought Jay-Z's Rocawear line for $204 million in 2007, is believed to be involved in the venture, although a representative has refused to confirm or deny the reports.
Madonna has previously designed a fashion line for high street retailer H&M, which went on sale worldwide in 2007, and she was due to team up with Christian Audigier in 2009 but pulled out of plans at the last minute.
More Madonna News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'