Madonna In Talks to Design Her Own Clothing Line With Macy's
Pop superstar Madonna is set to cash in on her status as a fashion icon - she's in talks to design her own clothing range with bosses at U.S. department store Macy's. The "Material Girl" established herself as a trendsetter early on in her career when she became known in the 1980s for her bleached blonde hair, fishnet stockings and her famous coned bra.
Now Madonna is negotiating a lucrative deal with Macy's bosses to bring her style vision to life in a collection of apparel, accessories, underwear and footwear, reports industry publication Women's Wear Daily. Executives at clothing company Iconix Brand Group Inc., the same firm which bought Jay-Z's Rocawear line for $204 million in 2007, is believed to be involved in the venture, although a representative has refused to confirm or deny the reports.
Madonna has previously designed a fashion line for high street retailer H&M, which went on sale worldwide in 2007, and she was due to team up with Christian Audigier in 2009 but pulled out of plans at the last minute.
More Madonna News
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer