James Purefoy Has 'Terrible Error' in Shaping His Body
British actor James Purefoy regrets employing a former Special Forces expert to get him into shape for action movie "Solomon Kane" - because the personal trainer made him exercise for 12 hours a day. The "Resident Evil" star plays a 16th Century killer in the film and decided he needed expert help prior to the shoot.
But Purefoy was left exhausted by the punishing exercise regime. He tells British morning show GMTV, "I had a very brilliant Romanian ex-Special Forces trainer. I made a terrible error - I said, 'Why don't you come and live with me in Prague (where we were shooting) for two months before we start?' And he said, 'Yes, good idea'."
"That meant waking up (early), he kicked me out of bed at half five. We'd do two hours in the gym, then we'd do four hours sword fighting, then four hours stunt riding on horseback and we'd finish off with a two hour gentle jog by the river," the actor shares. "It is not what I got into acting for!"
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection