James Purefoy Has 'Terrible Error' in Shaping His Body
British actor James Purefoy regrets employing a former Special Forces expert to get him into shape for action movie "Solomon Kane" - because the personal trainer made him exercise for 12 hours a day. The "Resident Evil" star plays a 16th Century killer in the film and decided he needed expert help prior to the shoot.
But Purefoy was left exhausted by the punishing exercise regime. He tells British morning show GMTV, "I had a very brilliant Romanian ex-Special Forces trainer. I made a terrible error - I said, 'Why don't you come and live with me in Prague (where we were shooting) for two months before we start?' And he said, 'Yes, good idea'."
"That meant waking up (early), he kicked me out of bed at half five. We'd do two hours in the gym, then we'd do four hours sword fighting, then four hours stunt riding on horseback and we'd finish off with a two hour gentle jog by the river," the actor shares. "It is not what I got into acting for!"
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie