James Purefoy Has 'Terrible Error' in Shaping His Body
British actor James Purefoy regrets employing a former Special Forces expert to get him into shape for action movie "Solomon Kane" - because the personal trainer made him exercise for 12 hours a day. The "Resident Evil" star plays a 16th Century killer in the film and decided he needed expert help prior to the shoot.
But Purefoy was left exhausted by the punishing exercise regime. He tells British morning show GMTV, "I had a very brilliant Romanian ex-Special Forces trainer. I made a terrible error - I said, 'Why don't you come and live with me in Prague (where we were shooting) for two months before we start?' And he said, 'Yes, good idea'."
"That meant waking up (early), he kicked me out of bed at half five. We'd do two hours in the gym, then we'd do four hours sword fighting, then four hours stunt riding on horseback and we'd finish off with a two hour gentle jog by the river," the actor shares. "It is not what I got into acting for!"
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding