Celine Dion Plans 'Hollywood Movie Tribute' Shows
Celine Dion is excited about her Las Vegas comeback - she's planning a "Hollywood movie tribute" for the lavish shows. The "My Heart Will Go On" hitmaker will begin a new three-year residency at the Caesars Palace theater in 2011 after her "A New Day..". show in Sin City grossed more than $400 million between 2003 and 2007.
Dion wrapped her "Taking Chances World Tour" in 2009 - and she can't wait to get back on stage to thrill her fans again. She tells U.S. talk show host Larry King, "It's going to be a brand new show. I'm very excited, again. What's great about show business, you can always try to surpass yourself or be the best of yourself (sic) and do something else."
"We're not trying to do the Vegas show again. We're not trying to do the 'Taking Chances' again. We're trying to, and we will have a 31-piece orchestra. We're going to sing. We're going to do great music (sic), Hollywood movie tribute."
The 41-year-old is set to perform 70 shows a year for the multi-million dollar deal, after confessing she struggled with the punishing schedule for her previous Vegas shows. And Dion credits her nine-year-old son Rene-Charles with inspiring her to slow down her working pace.
She adds, "Being in Vegas was hard. I mean, five nights a week for five years straight. It's not like, let me do three months and take two weeks off, and let me do two weeks off and then take six months off. It was constant for five years."
"I'll work my schedule around my son's life now. So he's going to go to school still. Then when he's off for summer, Spring Break and Christmas-time, I will go and perform."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen