'Shutter Island' Set Makes Leonardo DiCaprio Traumatized
Leonardo DiCaprio became so traumatized on the set of his new movie "Shutter Island", he forgot where he was. The "Titanic" actor plays a tormented cop stuck in a hospital for the criminally insane in his fourth outing with director Martin Scorsese.
DiCaprio was put through grueling scenes for the film, which involved being pelted with rats while having to remember complex dialog. And the experience took such an emotional toll on the star, DiCaprio started to lose his sense of reality.
He says, "My character was going through extreme emotional trauma and it's hard for those types of things not to rub off on you. Mark Ruffalo and I had to spout out three pages of dialog. We had to talk through the wind machines, the rain machines and rats being thrown at us. But, just like the character, we had to persevere in finding out what was really going on in Shutter Island."
"A few weeks towards the end of filming, I started to forget where I was. We kept pushing this character further and further. It was day after day of re-enacting a traumatic event that was either a dream or reality for this guy. I remember saying to Marty, 'I have no idea where I am or what I'm doing'."
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Forced to Hand Over Kids to Brad Pitt
- NBC Officially Greenlights 'Will and Grace' Revival
- Drake Meets J.Lo's Children - Are They Getting Serious?
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer