Betty White Overwhelmed by Fans' 'SNL' Campaign
"Golden Girls" legend Betty White is surprised fans have launched an online campaign to land her a job on "Saturday Night Live" - because she thought the public would be sick of seeing her on TV. Over 330,000 members of social networking website Facebook.com have signed a petition to urge "Saturday Night Live" bosses to let White act as a celebrity host on the longrunning sketch show.
The campaign follows the 88-year-old's hit Super Bowl ad for Snickers, which showed her being tackled to the ground during a game of American Football. And the actress is overwhelmed so many people are backing her for a role on the show, as she thought people would "be throwing rocks instead".
She tells E! Online, "I'm just amazed. I would think by now that they've had such an overdose of Betty White that they'd be throwing rocks instead. (It) would depend on scheduling and all that. But who knows? You can't ever say yes or no or never - you just wait to see what happens."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked