Betty White Overwhelmed by Fans' 'SNL' Campaign
"Golden Girls" legend Betty White is surprised fans have launched an online campaign to land her a job on "Saturday Night Live" - because she thought the public would be sick of seeing her on TV. Over 330,000 members of social networking website Facebook.com have signed a petition to urge "Saturday Night Live" bosses to let White act as a celebrity host on the longrunning sketch show.
The campaign follows the 88-year-old's hit Super Bowl ad for Snickers, which showed her being tackled to the ground during a game of American Football. And the actress is overwhelmed so many people are backing her for a role on the show, as she thought people would "be throwing rocks instead".
She tells E! Online, "I'm just amazed. I would think by now that they've had such an overdose of Betty White that they'd be throwing rocks instead. (It) would depend on scheduling and all that. But who knows? You can't ever say yes or no or never - you just wait to see what happens."
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna
- 'Scream Queens': Hester Will Help Find the Killer in Season 2. Is She No Longer the Bad Guy?
- Possible Main Villains in 'The Flash' Film Are Revealed, 'Doctor Strange' May Feature Brother Voodoo
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans