Betty White Overwhelmed by Fans' 'SNL' Campaign
"Golden Girls" legend Betty White is surprised fans have launched an online campaign to land her a job on "Saturday Night Live" - because she thought the public would be sick of seeing her on TV. Over 330,000 members of social networking website Facebook.com have signed a petition to urge "Saturday Night Live" bosses to let White act as a celebrity host on the longrunning sketch show.
The campaign follows the 88-year-old's hit Super Bowl ad for Snickers, which showed her being tackled to the ground during a game of American Football. And the actress is overwhelmed so many people are backing her for a role on the show, as she thought people would "be throwing rocks instead".
She tells E! Online, "I'm just amazed. I would think by now that they've had such an overdose of Betty White that they'd be throwing rocks instead. (It) would depend on scheduling and all that. But who knows? You can't ever say yes or no or never - you just wait to see what happens."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics