Betty White Overwhelmed by Fans' 'SNL' Campaign
"Golden Girls" legend Betty White is surprised fans have launched an online campaign to land her a job on "Saturday Night Live" - because she thought the public would be sick of seeing her on TV. Over 330,000 members of social networking website Facebook.com have signed a petition to urge "Saturday Night Live" bosses to let White act as a celebrity host on the longrunning sketch show.
The campaign follows the 88-year-old's hit Super Bowl ad for Snickers, which showed her being tackled to the ground during a game of American Football. And the actress is overwhelmed so many people are backing her for a role on the show, as she thought people would "be throwing rocks instead".
She tells E! Online, "I'm just amazed. I would think by now that they've had such an overdose of Betty White that they'd be throwing rocks instead. (It) would depend on scheduling and all that. But who knows? You can't ever say yes or no or never - you just wait to see what happens."
More Betty White News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance