Betty White Overwhelmed by Fans' 'SNL' Campaign
"Golden Girls" legend Betty White is surprised fans have launched an online campaign to land her a job on "Saturday Night Live" - because she thought the public would be sick of seeing her on TV. Over 330,000 members of social networking website Facebook.com have signed a petition to urge "Saturday Night Live" bosses to let White act as a celebrity host on the longrunning sketch show.
The campaign follows the 88-year-old's hit Super Bowl ad for Snickers, which showed her being tackled to the ground during a game of American Football. And the actress is overwhelmed so many people are backing her for a role on the show, as she thought people would "be throwing rocks instead".
She tells E! Online, "I'm just amazed. I would think by now that they've had such an overdose of Betty White that they'd be throwing rocks instead. (It) would depend on scheduling and all that. But who knows? You can't ever say yes or no or never - you just wait to see what happens."
- Caitlyn Jenner Defends Daughter Kendall After the Infamous Pepsi Ad Debacle
- Ben Affleck 'Enjoys Being Single' After Divorcing Jennifer Garner
- Cashmere Cat Previews New Single 'Quit' Ft. Ariana Grande
- 'Scream' Season 3 to Get Makeover With New Cast and Location
- Drake Throws Shade at Jennifer Lopez While Staying at the Same Resort Shortly After Her Visit
- Stephen Colbert and Conan O'Brien Joke About Ivanka Trump Getting Booed in Germany
- Ewan McGregor Is in Talks to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'
- Khloe Kardashian Hit With Lawsuit for Sharing Unlicensed Photo of Herself on Instagram