Sandra Bullock's Oscar Nom Makes Her Scared of Future Career
Sandra Bullock's Academy Award nomination has left her feeling "scared" - because she doesn't know where her career will take her next. Bullock picked up her first Oscar nod earlier this month on February 10 for her role in "The Blind Side", and is facing stiff competition from previous winners Meryl Streep and Dame Helen Mirren, as well as hot newcomers Carey Mulligan and Gabourey Sidibe.
But although she is honored to be selected as a potential winner of Hollywood's leading accolade, Bullock admits the nomination is daunting - and she has turned down any future projects until the Oscar buzz calms down. She says, "I think it scares me more than anything because you think, 'What do I do now?' "
"I don't know what could possibly compare to this moment or this energy so I've decided not to look at work until this is all over so I can make a real judgment. I'd like to work hard for another 10-15 years, so if this is what that means, bring it."
More Sandra Bullock News
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction