Sandra Bullock's Oscar Nom Makes Her Scared of Future Career
Sandra Bullock's Academy Award nomination has left her feeling "scared" - because she doesn't know where her career will take her next. Bullock picked up her first Oscar nod earlier this month on February 10 for her role in "The Blind Side", and is facing stiff competition from previous winners Meryl Streep and Dame Helen Mirren, as well as hot newcomers Carey Mulligan and Gabourey Sidibe.
But although she is honored to be selected as a potential winner of Hollywood's leading accolade, Bullock admits the nomination is daunting - and she has turned down any future projects until the Oscar buzz calms down. She says, "I think it scares me more than anything because you think, 'What do I do now?' "
"I don't know what could possibly compare to this moment or this energy so I've decided not to look at work until this is all over so I can make a real judgment. I'd like to work hard for another 10-15 years, so if this is what that means, bring it."
More Sandra Bullock News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift