Sandra Bullock's Oscar Nom Makes Her Scared of Future Career
Sandra Bullock's Academy Award nomination has left her feeling "scared" - because she doesn't know where her career will take her next. Bullock picked up her first Oscar nod earlier this month on February 10 for her role in "The Blind Side", and is facing stiff competition from previous winners Meryl Streep and Dame Helen Mirren, as well as hot newcomers Carey Mulligan and Gabourey Sidibe.
But although she is honored to be selected as a potential winner of Hollywood's leading accolade, Bullock admits the nomination is daunting - and she has turned down any future projects until the Oscar buzz calms down. She says, "I think it scares me more than anything because you think, 'What do I do now?' "
"I don't know what could possibly compare to this moment or this energy so I've decided not to look at work until this is all over so I can make a real judgment. I'd like to work hard for another 10-15 years, so if this is what that means, bring it."
More Sandra Bullock News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic