Sandra Bullock's Oscar Nom Makes Her Scared of Future Career
Sandra Bullock's Academy Award nomination has left her feeling "scared" - because she doesn't know where her career will take her next. Bullock picked up her first Oscar nod earlier this month on February 10 for her role in "The Blind Side", and is facing stiff competition from previous winners Meryl Streep and Dame Helen Mirren, as well as hot newcomers Carey Mulligan and Gabourey Sidibe.
But although she is honored to be selected as a potential winner of Hollywood's leading accolade, Bullock admits the nomination is daunting - and she has turned down any future projects until the Oscar buzz calms down. She says, "I think it scares me more than anything because you think, 'What do I do now?' "
"I don't know what could possibly compare to this moment or this energy so I've decided not to look at work until this is all over so I can make a real judgment. I'd like to work hard for another 10-15 years, so if this is what that means, bring it."
More Sandra Bullock News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival