Rep Explains Why Celine Dion Was Absent From Winter Olympics
Celine Dion skipped the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics in her native Canada - because she thought she'd be too pregnant to perform. Dion's absence raised questions because many fans expected her to be part of the spectacular in Vancouver on Friday, February 12.
Instead, Sarah McLachlan, Nelly Furtado, Bryan Adams and k.d. lang took top billing. Dion's representative has since cleared up the confusion, explaining that the singer was forced to pull out of a planned performance when she fell pregnant in 2009.
The "My Heart Will Go On" singer suffered a miscarriage just weeks after confirming the baby news. But Dion is determined to keep trying for another kid and flew into New York for fertility treatments last week, according to U.S. news show Access Hollywood. Dion is already mum to nine-year-old son Rene-Charles with her manager husband Rene Angelil.
More Celine Dion News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy