Rep Explains Why Celine Dion Was Absent From Winter Olympics
Celine Dion skipped the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics in her native Canada - because she thought she'd be too pregnant to perform. Dion's absence raised questions because many fans expected her to be part of the spectacular in Vancouver on Friday, February 12.
Instead, Sarah McLachlan, Nelly Furtado, Bryan Adams and k.d. lang took top billing. Dion's representative has since cleared up the confusion, explaining that the singer was forced to pull out of a planned performance when she fell pregnant in 2009.
The "My Heart Will Go On" singer suffered a miscarriage just weeks after confirming the baby news. But Dion is determined to keep trying for another kid and flew into New York for fertility treatments last week, according to U.S. news show Access Hollywood. Dion is already mum to nine-year-old son Rene-Charles with her manager husband Rene Angelil.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes