Rep Explains Why Celine Dion Was Absent From Winter Olympics
Celine Dion skipped the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics in her native Canada - because she thought she'd be too pregnant to perform. Dion's absence raised questions because many fans expected her to be part of the spectacular in Vancouver on Friday, February 12.
Instead, Sarah McLachlan, Nelly Furtado, Bryan Adams and k.d. lang took top billing. Dion's representative has since cleared up the confusion, explaining that the singer was forced to pull out of a planned performance when she fell pregnant in 2009.
The "My Heart Will Go On" singer suffered a miscarriage just weeks after confirming the baby news. But Dion is determined to keep trying for another kid and flew into New York for fertility treatments last week, according to U.S. news show Access Hollywood. Dion is already mum to nine-year-old son Rene-Charles with her manager husband Rene Angelil.
More Celine Dion News
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'