Rep Explains Why Celine Dion Was Absent From Winter Olympics
Celine Dion skipped the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics in her native Canada - because she thought she'd be too pregnant to perform. Dion's absence raised questions because many fans expected her to be part of the spectacular in Vancouver on Friday, February 12.
Instead, Sarah McLachlan, Nelly Furtado, Bryan Adams and k.d. lang took top billing. Dion's representative has since cleared up the confusion, explaining that the singer was forced to pull out of a planned performance when she fell pregnant in 2009.
The "My Heart Will Go On" singer suffered a miscarriage just weeks after confirming the baby news. But Dion is determined to keep trying for another kid and flew into New York for fertility treatments last week, according to U.S. news show Access Hollywood. Dion is already mum to nine-year-old son Rene-Charles with her manager husband Rene Angelil.
More Celine Dion News
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell