Rep Explains Why Celine Dion Was Absent From Winter Olympics
Celine Dion skipped the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics in her native Canada - because she thought she'd be too pregnant to perform. Dion's absence raised questions because many fans expected her to be part of the spectacular in Vancouver on Friday, February 12.
Instead, Sarah McLachlan, Nelly Furtado, Bryan Adams and k.d. lang took top billing. Dion's representative has since cleared up the confusion, explaining that the singer was forced to pull out of a planned performance when she fell pregnant in 2009.
The "My Heart Will Go On" singer suffered a miscarriage just weeks after confirming the baby news. But Dion is determined to keep trying for another kid and flew into New York for fertility treatments last week, according to U.S. news show Access Hollywood. Dion is already mum to nine-year-old son Rene-Charles with her manager husband Rene Angelil.
More Celine Dion News
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host