Goldie Hawn to Have Buddhist School in the U.K.
Goldie Hawn is in talks to set up a Buddhist school in the United Kingdom. The actress' Hawn Foundation already teaches kids Buddhist techniques in schools across America, and now she wants to take the initiative across the Atlantic, and use the teachings to help British children build social and emotional stability - and curb violent outbursts in the classroom and playground.
Hawn says, "We need to rethink our whole approach to classroom education, integrating neuroscience with the latest social and emotional learning techniques. A peaceful, happy child is the first step towards a peaceful world."
Hawn's plans have won the support of Britain's Conservative Party, whose education secretary, Michael Gove, confirms, "We are meeting to discuss how she might be able to help education here. We need more new schools outside local authority control to challenge the bureaucratic monopoly."
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle