Dolly Parton's Biopic Heading to Big Screen
Country legend Dolly Parton is eyeing a musical movie of her life - she's currently working on bringing her biopic to the big screen. The superstar, 64, is putting plans into place for the story of how she went from a poor girl living in the mountains of Tennessee to one of the biggest-selling country singers in history.
And Parton, who has previously hinted she'd like Scarlett Johansson to play her in a movie, is on the lookout for an actress with similar charms to hers. She says, "I'm working on my life story. I'm not decided if it's going to be a musical or a movie with music in it. I've not thought about who will play me - but we need someone little. And if they don't have enough up top we'll have to give them a big old boob job."
It was recently reported that Parton's classic musical movie "The Best Little Whorehouse In Texas" will be made into reboot. Screenwriters Karen McCulluh and Kirsten Smith reportedly will redevelop the script of the film, which will be shot as a big-budget musical.
More Dolly Parton News
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos